Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sumo Lounge Omni

Phoronix: Sumo Lounge Omni

While nearly all of our Linux benchmarking work at Phoronix is automated through the Phoronix Test Suite, it is still grueling and time-intensive work to setup all of the test systems, handle the management of the testing, and of course writing all of the articles and news posts. As a quick break from all of our Linux hardware testing and software benchmarking, the folks at Sumo Lounge asked to send out their Omni Bean Bag Chair. The Sumo Lounge Omni has been reviewed in many computer and gaming magazines as a great piece of furniture for computer gamers and has been featured in other publications like Playboy and Hooters Magazine.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

BWAAHAAHAA! What a bad review Phoronix!

This bean bag is an example of the stif and lame attitude towards the OSS community and a super ugly binary blob (filled with hacks). When I put it on my netbook it got completely crushed. No screen no Compiz nothing. I personally believe that it is because of the X developers or because of the bad ATI drivers but I could be wrong... Wait what am I saying? Of course I am not wrong, I have been using Linux for two hours now so whatever I say must be right.

Anyways, as soon as they give me a QT and a GTK version I will reconsider. Also, Phoronix needs to do their testing better because they did it with an apple and that kind of puts us in a bad position when benchmarking. We are trying hard to meet modern society's (or Joe Sixpack society's) demands to fit in the Nerd stereotype: we can't be considered unhealthy fat asses when we are eating something healthy.

If all these demands are met and I feel like I have something important to do, I might not complain about the next test.

Amen

Comment

noobstruments.com anyone?

Comment

I want one dont suppose there are any rich people on this forum who fancy buying and posting me one are there? No? guess i'll have to save up then. CURSES!

Comment

How about some testing? Put one developer in a beanbag chair and the other in an Aeron and see who is more productive, and who has a stiff neck at the end of the day.

Comment

Wtf is this :P? I thought this was a Linux techsite.

Comment

I

Originally posted by MartjeB View Post
              Wtf is this :P? I thought this was a Linux techsite.
              A proper chair is just as essential as a proper keyboard or monitor to the computing experience. A poor chair will mess up your back or your neck (voice of experience here) and destroy your ability to use your computer effectively.

Since Phoronix also reviews monitors, keyboards, and mice, reviewing a chair is completely legitimate.

How about more reviews of computer furniture? I would love to see some objective testing of chairs.

Comment

Yeah, we need more testing of the non-obvious ancillary stuff that usually goes overlooked on tech-sites. A few suggestions spring to mind..

* Snacks - What works best when developing or gaming on the Linux platform. Pay specific attention to cereals and kernel versions/

Music - it it true that continual listening to RIAA sanctioned top 10 singles make you less receptive to openness?

Beer (both open and proprietary) - flavour, texture and how many pints does it take before you are unable to install Ubuntu? In the sprit of helping the community, I will volunteer my time and expertise to this category - for free! - just send me all the review boxes, guys!
                Last edited by djack; 26 August 2009, 04:18 AM. Reason: Too earliy in the AM & too little caffiene to work tags properly

Comment

Originally posted by djack View Post
                  Beer (both open and proprietary) - flavour, texture and how many pints does it take before you are unable to install Ubuntu?
                  Wonderful idea!
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by djack View Post
                    Beer (both open and proprietary) - flavour, texture and how many pints does it take before you are unable to install Ubuntu? In the sprit of helping the community, I will volunteer my time and expertise to this category - for free! - just send me all the review boxes, guys!
                    Shotgun testing how many it takes before being unable to stand up from the chair (as if beanbags weren't hard enough already) and after said failure how comfortable they are to sleep in.

Comment

Working...
                    X