Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fglrx 9.8 - Guildwar corruption

Hello folks

I have some problems running Guildwar with fglrx 9.8 under Arch 64.
    Actually the game installs/startup perfectly. But when I enter the char selection screen, I get the chessboard of doom. At least something, which is similar to that old bugger.

That I have fixed, by starting the game in window mode. When I'm within the game, there is no problem going fullscreen. BUT...

I get some odd texture corruptions. The corruption is noticable if you stand in a long distance from the texture.

I took a screenshots of the corruption;

You see the distortion within the red markings, and the same kind of texture (closer), without distortion in the green marking.

Actually the first time i load the game, there aren't any distortion. But when I jump to another place within the game, the distortion starts to appear. It seems like memory problems?

And here is a pastebin of the err and warnings my console get spammed with:
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

I got these setting in my user.reg file:
    [Software\\Wine\\Direct3D]
    "DirectDrawRenderer"="opengl"
    "MaxFragmentUniforms"="1024"
    "MaxVaryings"="52"
    "MaxVertexUniforms"="1024"
    "OffscreenRenderingMode"="fbo"
    "PixelShaderMode"="enabled"
    "UseGLSL"="disabled"
    "VertexShaderMode"="hardware"
    "VideoMemorySize"="1024"

I have tried with/without UseGLSL enabled, and backbuffer instead of fbo. pbuffer crash the game. Every settings gave the same corruptions.

I am willing to patch wine for getting this to work proberly.
    Thx for your help.

You think that is what causing the distortion?

Its just I have read about one, which got it to work with a memory patch for wine? But I don't know which patch he is talking about,

Comment

@Qaridarium

Think you got a private message. ;-)

Comment

Any other with suggestions?

Comment

This is what it looks like, after playing1 hour.

Any ideas?

Comment

There's a similar bug in NWN2, but I figured that i was related to shadows(which many version ago already had a general problem even under windows + nVidia card--thought that it may have re-appeared), and the fade in/out of objects..

(This was under 9.7 + Ubuntu 9.04 x86-64, haven't played it since installing 9.8, but AMD also forgot to include part of the package, a prog/script to escalate CCC privileges in Ubuntu, solvable by pre-pending gksu to start up in menu item. Needed this right away since catalyst has memory problems wrt Desktop Resolution...)

Comment

@cutterjohn

Do you have any solutions to the corruption?
              It didn't help turning of shadow ingame.

Comment

BTW, have tried fglrx 9.9 ~ alpha.
                I hope it is fixed within final 9.9

Comment

Nope, but I tried running X3 Reunion under wine again, and the intro menu was corrupted as well. Last time that I ran it, it was fine, but actual in game mouse control was too absymally slow to actually play it. (This is a generic problem under wine.)

As to GW specific: nope, haven't played it much recently so I never noticed the problem and feel no real desire to play it right now either.

I will mention that ever since I used the memory management patch so that it would no try to repair archive all of the time and not crash on load of play screen that my char selection screen was corrupted. Even with 1.1.27 & .28 that fixed the memory management problem the char screen was still corrupted.

So, I'm just going to do my usual wait for the next catalyst and hope that it's not ----, but I really don't have much hope any longer since I've been waiting for a good version since 9.2.

Comment

Fixed in catalyst 9.10. Good job AMD/ATI

EDIT:
                    Actually every single problem I had with GW is now fixed. Both the corruption at the login menu (chessboard of doom), and the corruption ingame. Sweet!
                    Last edited by tball; 06 September 2009, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X