No announcement yet.

HD4770: Screen corruption and artefacts with the from-git graphical stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any one knows a ppa with latest code for ati r7xx oss driver for ubuntu karmic?

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
      any one knows a ppa with latest code for ati r7xx oss driver for ubuntu karmic?
      https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa for user space parts.

Too bad kernel modules aren't anywhere so you have to compile them like told in wiki radeon build how to

Comment

thx ill try tonigth

Comment

ok drm/xv/exa working nicely but again

radeon 4850x2 ID is 0x9443

this pciid is still missing in drm and mesa 7.6 today git

Comment

added the missing id.

Comment

sweet thjx

Comment

Originally posted by suokko View Post
                https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa for user space parts.

Too bad kernel modules aren't anywhere so you have to compile them like told in wiki radeon build how to
                I uploaded a drm-modules-source (for easy building of kernel modules using modules-assistant) of agd5f's tree to https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/radeon . The package is built on Karmic, but it should work in Jaunty as well.

Comment

Why do you still use m-a? U uses dkms and it can be used really easy with drm:

When you change

LANG= dkms mkdeb -m $module -v $ver --source-only

to

LANG= dkms mkdsc -m $module -v $ver --source-only

you get a package you could easyly adopt for uploading to your repo if you dislike scripts which generate that dynamically.

Comment

I was away from my r700 for two weeks and I've tried it once again today.

I thought I read (but can't figure out where) "DownloadFromScreen" "False" was no longer needed for r700 just as LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=yes for openarena but it seems like it doesn't work with me.

So, does the issues still exist ? Did I misread something ?

Thanks by advance.

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
                      I was away from my r700 for two weeks and I've tried it once again today.

I thought I read (but can't figure out where) "DownloadFromScreen" "False" was no longer needed for r700 just as LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=yes for openarena but it seems like it doesn't work with me.

So, does the issues still exist ? Did I misread something ?

Thanks by advance.
                      DownloadFromScreen has nothing to do with GL. It's part of EXA (2D). DownloadFromScreen is currently disabled on rv740 for same transfers until we sort out why it's problematic. The issues with needing indirect rendering for some apps has been fixed.

Comment

Working...
                      X