No announcement yet.

HDMI out with fglrx on a 4650?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea how to get video out from HD4650 HDMI yet? I'm running into the same problem. Everything used to be warm and fuzzy with Fedora 10. After I upgraded to Fedora 11, I cannot get any video out of HDMI port with fglrx. If I use radeon, then it's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by lbcoder View Post
      I thought this was for an HTPC? If so, the only thing you NEED is 2D, and 2D accel works out of the box on most new distros using open source drivers (I never much liked radeonhd btw, it always did weird things like you talk about, try just "radeon").

And for that matter, for an HTPC, the performance bottleneck will be the CPU anyways -- the media decoder implementation, what reason do you even have for not just using the onboard 3200?
      It's also going to do FretsOnFire, MAME, and a few other things.

It's got a quad core Phenom, so the CPU's not going to bottleneck it.

Originally posted by lbcoder View Post
      I know its brutal, only reason I suggest that is that the smarter way involves way too much hand holding.
      I'm a UNIX/Linux sysadmin. Digging around in internals doesn't bother me, but I don't need a "howto" for removing fglrx, either. I need HDMI working.

Originally posted by asun View Post
      Any idea how to get video out from HD4650 HDMI yet? I'm running into the same problem. Everything used to be warm and fuzzy with Fedora 10. After I upgraded to Fedora 11, I cannot get any video out of HDMI port with fglrx. If I use radeon, then it's ok.
      Doesn't seem that way. If F10 works, maybe I'll just downgrade.

Comment

ehmm.. stupid question but you are using the hdmi connector on the card, right? you don't try to get the output through the onboard connector...?

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
          ehmm.. stupid question but you are using the hdmi connector on the card, right? you don't try to get the output through the onboard connector...?
          Correct. As the original post notes, HDMI works fine on a VT or in the BIOS. X does not detect the monitor.

Comment

Working...
          X