X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New official Nvidia drivers 185.18.36

New official drivers as well:

Release highlights:
    • Fixed a bug that caused kernel panics when starting X on some mobile GPUs.
    • Fixed an interaction problem between VDPAU and PowerMizer when using VDPAU solely as a display mechanism, and not to decode video streams. The GPU performance level should now be raised, if required, in this scenario.
    • Fixed VDPAU to avoid "display preemption" in some cases where a VdpOutputSurface is deleted while it is still active (either queued or visible) in a VdpPresentationQueue. In particular, this can occur in MPlayer when using the "-fs" option, and could completely prevent VDPAU from operating successfully, depending on the exact timing conditions.

The 185.18.36 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86 is available for download via HTTP.
    The 185.18.36 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86-64 is available for download via HTTP.

Please see the README (x86, x86-64) for more information about this release.

Please note: This NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release supports GeForce 6xxx and newer NVIDIA GPUs, GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx and 71.86.xx NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.

Please also note: If you encounter any problems with the 185.18.36 NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678 for details).

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    New official drivers as well:
    WTF, I expected the link to go to somewhere like here.

I'm done with this phoronix site. I am tired of obfuscated information sources, obnoxious ad overlays, and a general lack of respect for the audience.

Please delete my account. I AM DONE.

Comment

Originally posted by kxmas View Post
      WTF, I expected the link to go to somewhere like here.

I'm done with this phoronix site. I am tired of obfuscated information sources, obnoxious ad overlays, and a general lack of respect for the audience.

Please delete my account. I AM DONE.
      lol, the link takes you to the exact same announcement as what was copied from. The reason it's cut and pasted from nvnews is so that we have our own thread on the subject where feedback can be done for people with a Phoronix account. I don't know if you tried but your Phoronix Forum login doesn't work with nvnews.
      Last edited by deanjo; 24 August 2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Copying content without adding anything significant from yourself and trying to divert views and comments from the official company's forums (where people who work for nvidia post announcements) to your site is bound to get people angry. To say the ability to interact with other people with phoronix accounts is "value added" is disingenuous at best and vile marketing speak at worst. Any linux user of nvidia's binary blob driver is better served by the official forums for the topic, where most people would go ask for help / see announcements. You're aggregating announcements from mailing lists, be frank about it and poeple will give you the respect you deserve for the service you provide. Don't be a blogspam site and don't try to monetize what amounts to a feed reader. It's enough that the site is unusable without ad block.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf550e View Post
          Copying content without adding anything significant from yourself and trying to divert views and comments from the official company's forums (where people who work for nvidia post announcements) to your site is bound to get people angry. To say the ability to interact with other people with phoronix accounts is "value added" is disingenuous at best and vile marketing speak at worst. Any linux user of nvidia's binary blob driver is better served by the official forums for the topic, where most people would go ask for help / see announcements. You're aggregating announcements from mailing lists, be frank about it and poeple will give you the respect you deserve for the service you provide. Don't be a blogspam site and don't try to monetize what amounts to a feed reader. It's enough that the site is unusable without ad block.
          FYI, I get the announcement's emailed directly to me (the identical announcements). If you wish you may subscribe to nvnews rss feed if you wish and not feel violated. In case you haven't noticed there are RSS aggregators nowdays who's sole purpose is to scour the newfeeds. They must really piss you off.

Comment

Working...
          X