Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Week: Linux Graphics Continue To Evolve

Phoronix: This Week: Linux Graphics Continue To Evolve

For those that missed it, there was quite a bit happening this week in the Linux world when it comes to graphics drivers. The KMS page-flipping ioctl is ready for the Linux 2.6.32 kernel, KMS and GEM comes to the Neo FreeRunner, and the Assembly shader rework was merged into the mainline Mesa tree was among the open-source driver news...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hey, when will the Big Operating System Benchmark will be released? :P
    I can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
      Hey, when will the Big Operating System Benchmark will be released? :P
      I can't wait
      Won't be until OS X 10.6 is released. Expect somewhere between middle and end of next month.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Won't be until OS X 10.6 is released. Expect somewhere between middle and end of next month.
        Towards end of month, yes. Middle of month is Oktoberfest time... Granted, I could just hook into Phoromatic from the beer tents and do the benchmarking Mmm, could be for a great video on the benefits of Linux benchmarking using PTS.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Towards end of month, yes. Middle of month is Oktoberfest time... Granted, I could just hook into Phoromatic from the beer tents and do the benchmarking Mmm, could be for a great video on the benefits of Linux benchmarking using PTS.
          Thanks I'll be patient so

Comment

There were so many graphic news it seems phoronix missed the 2.6.31-rc7 release

Comment

Originally posted by izual View Post
              There were so many graphic news it seems phoronix missed the 2.6.31-rc7 release
              Ya well, can't get them all. There was no mention of Michael Jacksons death either.

Comment

r600 r700 3D

You forgot to mention the huge improvements in opensource radeon r600 r700 3D!

Checkout my pipe! :-)

Comment

Working...
                X