Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: This Week: Linux Graphics Continue To Evolve

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,679

    Default This Week: Linux Graphics Continue To Evolve

    Phoronix: This Week: Linux Graphics Continue To Evolve

    For those that missed it, there was quite a bit happening this week in the Linux world when it comes to graphics drivers. The KMS page-flipping ioctl is ready for the Linux 2.6.32 kernel, KMS and GEM comes to the Neo FreeRunner, and the Assembly shader rework was merged into the mainline Mesa tree was among the open-source driver news...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzQ3MA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Hey, when will the Big Operating System Benchmark will be released? :P
    I can't wait

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MPF View Post
    Hey, when will the Big Operating System Benchmark will be released? :P
    I can't wait
    Won't be until OS X 10.6 is released. Expect somewhere between middle and end of next month.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Won't be until OS X 10.6 is released. Expect somewhere between middle and end of next month.
    Towards end of month, yes. Middle of month is Oktoberfest time... Granted, I could just hook into Phoromatic from the beer tents and do the benchmarking Mmm, could be for a great video on the benefits of Linux benchmarking using PTS.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Won't be until OS X 10.6 is released. Expect somewhere between middle and end of next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Towards end of month, yes. Middle of month is Oktoberfest time... Granted, I could just hook into Phoromatic from the beer tents and do the benchmarking Mmm, could be for a great video on the benefits of Linux benchmarking using PTS.
    Thanks I'll be patient so

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Osnabrck, Germany
    Posts
    79

    Default

    There were so many graphic news it seems phoronix missed the 2.6.31-rc7 release

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by izual View Post
    There were so many graphic news it seems phoronix missed the 2.6.31-rc7 release
    Ya well, can't get them all. There was no mention of Michael Jacksons death either.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    52

    Default r600 r700 3D

    You forgot to mention the huge improvements in opensource radeon r600 r700 3D!

    Checkout my pipe! :-)
    http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.ru...9f&_render=rss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •