No announcement yet.

r6xx 3D games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, I just got the 31 kernel from git, with the latest drm-next bits, as described in the build howto. I also got the latest mesa, ati-radeon and libdrm from git. I observe the same thing that I did with the 32.rc1 kernel.

OpenArena says:
    Code:
    openarena: radeon_cs_gem.c:121: cs_gem_write_reloc: Assertion `bo->space_accounted' failed. 
    drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22. Kernel failed to parse or rejected command stream. See dmesg for more info.
    dmesg:
    Code:
    [  128.157945] [drm:r600_cs_packet_parse] *ERROR* Can not parse packet at 548 after CS end 548 !
    [  128.157948] [drm:r600_packet3_check] *ERROR* bad DRAW_INDEX
    [  128.157950] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !
    This is KMS/DRI2. KDE effects work, as does neverball. Things work(ed) fine with DRI1/non-KMS.

Comment

• Originally posted by egon2003 View Post
      So if I dont want KMS I can use the regular drm branch now for 3d? For both kernelmodule and libdrm?
      For r6xx/r7xx you need drm-next for 3D on both kms and non-kms.

Comment

• Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

• Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          is it possible to get 3d on r600/r700 now without building kernel from drm-next repo ?

Comment

• Originally posted by netkas View Post
            is it possible to get 3d on r600/r700 now without building kernel from drm-next repo ?
            2.6.32-rc1 or agd5f's repo, compiling just radeon.ko and drm.ko.
            Last edited by Zajec; 01 October 2009, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zajec View Post
              2.6.32-rc1 or agd5f's repo, compiling just radeon.ko and drm.ko.
              but those modules will be linked against drm-next kernel, and will be unable to load in 2.6.28, isnt it ?

agd5f's repo doesnt exist anymore - http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/drm/

Comment

• Originally posted by netkas View Post
                but those modules will be linked against drm-next kernel, and will be unable to load in 2.6.28, isnt it ?

agd5f's repo doesnt exist anymore - http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/drm/
                Oh, I didn't know that. So you probably need to install whole 2.6.32-rc1 kernel now.

Comment

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                  Code:
                  [  128.157945] [drm:r600_cs_packet_parse] *ERROR* Can not parse packet at 548 after CS end 548 !
                  [  128.157948] [drm:r600_packet3_check] *ERROR* bad DRAW_INDEX
                  [  128.157950] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* Invalid command stream !
                  This is a recent regression introduced by the mesa commit that re-enables draw_prim.

eea30906de37ea3b2f8a594c2b33b643d3dde987

Comment

• Originally posted by Zajec View Post
                    Oh, I didn't know that. So you probably need to install whole 2.6.32-rc1 kernel now.
                    Yeah, I was poking around the fd.o web site yesterday, and it looks like they had a power outage of some sorts that corrupted the /home partition that hosted all of the private git repositories hosted @ git.freedesktop.org. Yes, some of those repositories were no longer necessary (such as this drm code which has been pushed into the drm-next branch of the kernel), but I'm sure that some useful data might have been lost.

I guess that'll be enough to motivate me to move beyond agd5f's drm repository on my machines at home... now I just have to figure out what I've messed up in my SATA/FS config that's making the kernels unbootable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
                      but I'm sure that some useful data might have been lost.
                      Thats the advantage of having git; the data isn't lost. As long as someone has a single clone of the repo it's all good. I'm sure agd5f has it stored on his computer and can easily just push it back up to fd.o if he needs to.

Git is not like CVS/SVN where everything is stored on the server.

Comment

Working...
                      X