r6xx 3D games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Is there an ETA on fixing the openarena darkness bug?

It's been extremely dark for a few weeks now.

Does anyone know a workaround?
    Has it been reported? Can you bisect what change broke it? openarena looks fine here.

Comment

• I can't find the bugzilla, could you give me a link? I wanted to search there first, but couldn't find it.

At least I remember reading about it here, if my memory serves me well.

EDIT: Other GL games are not affected, and playing with overbrightbits in oa helps things.
      Last edited by pingufunkybeat; 07 December 2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Openarena does not appear any darker on my system either (HD3450, Ubuntu 9.10, radeon libdrm & drm from a couple of weeks ago, mesa from a few days ago).

We're not saying there's no problem, just that it's not showing up as pervasively as you might be thinking.
        Test signature

Comment

• I know, and I can't find a bug report either. It could be something very strange, but I'm quite sure that I didn't mess with any game settings.

I've found a number of things on the internet relating to openarena being dark because of issues with hw gamma on certain chipsets, but nothing relating to radeon drivers.

I'll see if I can localise better what caused it.

Comment

• As of 0.1.60, Heroes of Newerth requires ARB_pixel_buffer_object, which the r600 driver doesn't have.
            Last edited by pvtcupcakes; 08 December 2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• fdo bugzilla:

Comment

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                I've found a number of things on the internet relating to openarena being dark because of issues with hw gamma on certain chipsets, but nothing relating to radeon drivers.
                I haven't noticed any change recently - but then the in game gamma/brightness settings for openarena have never worked for me. I always assumed it was my sdl being old or something.

The workaround is easy, I just do

xgamma -gamma 1.8

before I start the game. If you have multiple displays you may need to use xrandr instead. Using that you need to specify display and give r,g,b, also < 1.0 is brighter .

Comment

• Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
                  As of 0.1.60, Heroes of Newerth requires ARB_pixel_buffer_object, which the r600 driver doesn't have.
                  Hmm did the driver even work in the first place? HoN < 0.1.60

Comment

• Originally posted by tball View Post
                    Hmm did the driver even work in the first place? HoN < 0.1.60
                    Yeah, it just had a ton of rendering issues.
                    It won't start now.

Comment

• Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
                      Yeah, it just had a ton of rendering issues.
                      It won't start now.
                      From HoN's beta forums:

If you set vid_checkOpenGLVersion to false in startup.cfg, it will skip the check.
                      Related to the other changes in 0.1.60:

I think one of them might help with the open source linux drivers too

Comment

Working...
                      X