• Show
Clear All

the quake issues should be fixed now as of:
    becb50f84dc94f643dc480d6a2256518f1a5a854

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      the quake issues should be fixed now as of:
      becb50f84dc94f643dc480d6a2256518f1a5a854
      Yes they are . Thanks. Shadows are still visible through walls, but it does not crash.

Comment

Got Quake Live working with "LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 firefox www.quakelive.com"

Originally posted by Fran View Post
        Yes they are . Thanks. Shadows are still visible through walls, but it does not crash.
        I get the shadow thing too in Quake Live.

Comment

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
          Got Quake Live working with "LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 firefox www.quakelive.com"
          Wow I go that game working also.
          Last edited by monraaf; 23 August 2009, 10:48 PM. Reason: Fixed the sound stuttering with s_mixahead 0.3

Comment

LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
            makes openarena work. Menu almost isn't corrupted (fully readable, nice, just some single weird pixels) and game starts!

Comment

OpenArena runs fine with indirect rendering, but it tends to crash the X server in certain occasions.

All the issues with direct rendering and indirect crashing are still present, tested them with latest drivers yesterday.

Comment

There seem to have been some regressions recently.

Neverball and other games flicker again in direct mode. Less than before, but it was gone completely until recently.

I guess the devs are still hunting the bug around.

Comment

git changes and reversion allow dri to work again but, was playing eduke32 for a very short while and suddenly hard drive starts running constantly and PC doesn't respond. Finally after holding down ctrl-alt-bkspc, X kicks out. dmesg gives various memory related messages.

Is this what is meant by a race condition? Is there any feedback I can post to help?

Edit: this was with radeonhd. I'll try with radeon shortly.

Edit2: happens with radeon also.
                  Last edited by forum1793; 25 August 2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Quote from the original commit:
                    "There is a possbile race that _glapi_Context is reset by another thread after it is tested in GET_CURRENT_CONTEXT but before it is returned."
                    That's what it means, hard to speculate what it might cause though.

Comment

Originally posted by forum1793 View Post
                      git changes and reversion allow dri to work again but, was playing eduke32 for a very short while and suddenly hard drive starts running constantly and PC doesn't respond. Finally after holding down ctrl-alt-bkspc, X kicks out. dmesg gives various memory related messages.

Is this what is meant by a race condition? Is there any feedback I can post to help?
                      No, that is a leak. I saw it too when running neverball (since I run it windowed I saw my mem usage applet raising to fill my 4GB). And IIRC, I saw it before the race condition patch was reverted, so I don't think it's related. I haven't tested with the recent updates, will test now.

(edit) The leak is still there. Neverball was using 2.3GB after 2 minutes of play (and increasing).

(edit2) Ok, I've found the culprit. It's commit 8dd151b947c36100f38cf83eca674bd427b23e47 (r600 code cleanup). Something there is allocating memory and not freeing it. Until that is fixed, the last good version is dea10381864269bd6251a8b0af7a88de88296b32.
                      Last edited by Fran; 26 August 2009, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X