No announcement yet.

r6xx 3D games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hrm, this is interesting. I don't have that, and I'm running a 64-bit system.

This could be one of the reasons why I don't get hardware accelerated QuakeLive (which I assume is 32-bit).

How would one go about compiling this on gentoo?

Comment

• Same goes here... no r600_dri.so, just r200_dri.so, r300_dri.so and so on.

Comment

• pingufunkybeat, sorry I really don't know. I've never touched Gentoo. Theoretically compiling mesa with the -m32 to gcc should provide 32 bit libraries.

Boerkel, all the other 32-bit drivers are provided by ia32-libs. Does xorg-edgers provide an updated version of that package?

Adam

Comment

• Mesa by default compiles drivers for your system's architecture. If your system is x86_64, Mesa will compile x86_64 drivers.

However Wine is x86 and so can't use Mesa drivers compiled for x86_64.

You need to configure and install Mesa forcing x86 build. Simple
          Code:
          ./autogen.sh --enable-32-bit [other options]

Comment

• Yeah, that's a big pita when using gentoo + opensource-drivers.
            http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204755 is about this issue.
            I think the best way to get 32bit-libraries is to use the multilib-overlay. Just layman -a multilib and then emerge mesa with the lib32 useflag. This will probably give you a big dependency hell which you'll have to resolve though.

Comment

• Ouch.

I have a multilib system, and most of the support libs installed.

I think I'll try hacking my local mesa ebuild to build 32-bit stuff, and see how that works. Though it might choke because the X version is too old.....

EDIT: It seems that the multilib packages have been updated at the end of December, so X should be new enough. It might boil down to simply building a multilib libdrm and mesa. I'll give it a go when I find the time.
              Last edited by pingufunkybeat; 15 January 2010, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by adamk View Post
                Boerkel, all the other 32-bit drivers are provided by ia32-libs. Does xorg-edgers provide an updated version of that package?

Adam
                No, there is no ia32 package in the repo.

Can i somehow (git-)compile a 32-bit radeon driver for my machine or will that get mixed up with mit 64-bit driver?

Comment

• Check the information Zajec posted above. You'll obviously need to specify the proper installation directory for the driver, as well, though.

Adam

Comment

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                    Ouch.

I have a multilib system, and most of the support libs installed.

I think I'll try hacking my local mesa ebuild to build 32-bit stuff, and see how that works. Though it might choke because the X version is too old.....

EDIT: It seems that the multilib packages have been updated at the end of December, so X should be new enough. It might boil down to simply building a multilib libdrm and mesa. I'll give it a go when I find the time.
                    I tried the multilib overlay, but I didn't get anything installed because I got tired of adding lib32 to packages in package.use. Some of the stuff you have to add is kind of scary like python. I'd rather get my python from official portage.

Can you run X in a 32-bit chroot? I've got one of those setup, would just need to install the X stuff into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
                      ICan you run X in a 32-bit chroot? I've got one of those setup, would just need to install the X stuff into it.
                      I guess that should be possible.
                      Last edited by Zhick; 15 January 2010, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X