Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Supertalent GX firmware - Any luck disabling write cache?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Supertalent GX firmware - Any luck disabling write cache?

Hello

It seems supertalent have posted a new beta firmware update on their website for their Indilinx drives (version 1711 beta)... I haven't been able to upgrade yet (utility won't detect the SSD for some reason) so I was wondering whether anyone has tried it and they can post results here...

I wonder whether it's now possible to disable write cache...
    Last edited by gd_19; 23 October 2009, 07:55 PM.

Originally posted by gd_19 View Post
    Hello

It seems supertalent have posted a new beta firmware update on their website for their Indilinx drivers (version 1711 beta)... I haven't been able to upgrade yet (utility won't detect the SSD for some reason) so I was wondering whether anyone has tried it and they can post results here...

I wonder whether it's now possible to disable write cache...
    The flash tool had its problems with 1711. You need to send a mail to SuperTalent to get the proper one. Maybe someone leaked it somewhere onto the internet but mailing them is what they want you to do.

Comment

Supertalent has just released a final firmware with TRIM support... Still the same questions await to be answered... I guess firmware upgrade is also destructive in this case (I wonder why it is stated that data "may" be lost during the update in the release notes...)

Good thing is they provided a bootable ISO image so no need to fiddle with firmware files not appearing in the filesystem (when making your own CD image that is)

Comment

Update:

It seems that failure to set write cache to off isn't a drive issue, but a libata thing instead... Apparently the MODE SELECT functionality of the AHCI standard hasn't been implemented yet, so the new firmware is unlikely to address any of this...

Comment

Working...
        X