Korona Brings KDE 4.3 To OpenSolaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
    All this duplication of effort is annoying.
    Meh, it's not as if you had to do twice the effort. Who are you to complain if other people don't all want to do what you want when you don't pay them?

Comment

Originally posted by DDevine View Post
      Are you sure? There is lots of quality accessibility tools for Gnome (not so sure about KDE, but maybe cross compatible) last time I heard this topic discussed (on Linux Outlaws, who also assumed that Linux lacked these tools - which according to multiple replies it does not).
      Very sure, have you ever tried to support a legally blind person with the only other person being completely blind, from installation and troubleshooting to full usage? Voice Over as well as it's speech recognition far exceed any other linux desktop accessibility tools. Not to mention it handles pretty much every braille display known to man. It goes far beyond the basic zoom features found in gnome (not to mention the aweful sounding espeak that gnome-speech uses).

Comment

who da fooooooooooooooook use solaris huh?

Comment

Originally posted by cruiseoveride View Post
          who da fooooooooooooooook use solaris huh?
          Solaris is used in File Storage (because of ZFS), data processing (because it is strong in this area and has Ztrace for finding bugs and bottle-necks) and is also very secure. It is also the best OS for Sun hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by vermaden View Post
            What a MESS with font rendering, they look like shit:

When KDE developers will learn this?

This is how it SHOULD look like:

@filip007

Some people call KDE4 "Open Source Vista"
            font rendering is nothing KDE can do about. That is done by xorg an fontconfig and other stuff. But thanks for reminding everyone that you don't know anything you talk about.If fonts look ugly complain to Sun. Or even better - complain to american corrupt politicians who made it possible to patent software.

for the 'kubuntu live cd' guy: complain to canonical. Kubuntu sucks. Everybody knows that. So what? Don't use kubuntu. Use a distribution where KDE is not tortured with bad patches.

Also, Vista? Are you kidding me? If you had said 'I prefer gnome, because it looks almost like Windows ME' well, that would have been a lot more believable.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              Another flame thread due to Gnome-trolls.
              who are the lowest life form on this planet.

Comment

@smitty3268 Are you sure about that i can crash it in 5 minutes if i want.
                OK Kubuntu is build around 4.2 so it's 4.3 very better.
                Last edited by filip007; 18 August 2009, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by filip007 View Post
                  @smitty3268 Are you sure about that i can crash it in 5 minutes if i want.
                  Kubuntu, you mean? Or KDE? Cause they're different.

Edit: Yes, I mean 4.3 is solid. 4.2 was still a little shaky in comparison.

Comment

Don't post something that can't be answer to...Kubuntu,KDE,OpenSuse...
                    Kubuntu with KDE 4.3 will come out on end of October.

Comment

Originally posted by filip007 View Post
                      Don't post something that can't be answer to...Kubuntu,KDE,OpenSuse...
                      Kubuntu with KDE 4.3 will come out on end of October.
                      Why not, openSUSE's 11.1 KDE was fine @ 4.1, further improved by updating to 4.2 and with 4.3 is solid. You do not need a updated distro to test the later versions of KDE. You simply have to install the latest packages from each distro.

Kubuntu:

openSUSE:

Comment

Working...
                      X