X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia 9300 chipset: HDMI to tv: image but no sound

Hello,

I have following configurations:

- Home theater pc with mother board: MSI P7NGM-Digital with nVidia? GeForce 9300 chipset, installation of Ubuntu 9.04 and connected to my tv (Samsung LE-40A759R1MXKS) with HDMI cable.

Problem: I have image but no sound.

I already looked at similar problem, but no answers yet.

Kodi is a free media player that is designed to look great on your big screen TV but is just as at home on a small screen.

Can somebody help me further?

Thanks

Originally posted by vvr1 View Post
    Hello,

I have following configurations:

- Home theater pc with mother board: MSI P7NGM-Digital with nVidia? GeForce 9300 chipset, installation of Ubuntu 9.04 and connected to my tv (Samsung LE-40A759R1MXKS) with HDMI cable.

Problem: I have image but no sound.

I already looked at similar problem, but no answers yet.

Kodi is a free media player that is designed to look great on your big screen TV but is just as at home on a small screen.

Can somebody help me further?

Thanks

Chances are your using the wrong digital out. Take a look at this thread and also make sure your running the latest alsa.

well, first off i'd like to start by saying.. i absolutely love linux and ubuntu :) i am a noob by all means, i installed ubuntu 6.10 a few years ago on my old laptop but it was so slow, had a crappy graphics card & not enough HD space to share with ******* so i reverted to ******* and all but forgot about linux till i purchased my new laptop 2 days ago - HP G60-249WM.. pretty decent for $600 just in case you're in the market.. 2GHz processor, AMD Athlon X2 dual core processor.. and of

Comment

Working...
    X