• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cruiseoveride View Post
    91.7mb? Don't you just love to hate AMD/ATi
    274MB unpacked

Comment

lol, I just got a feed item from their feed about the new release. I try to open it:

"File not found".

Extraordinary support.

Comment

Originally posted by blindfrog View Post
        Great! Finally I can switch to F11 repos and do yum upgrade
        Don't count on it...looks like FC11 + DRI2 + FGLRX = FTL

Each time I use FGLRX on FC11 X86_64 I get hard locks after using Gnome for about 1-10 minutes (nothing in the logs).

Does any one have better experience?

I am using an HP 6930p with RadeonHD 3650

Comment

I probably don't need to say this, but just wanted to make sure you *were* disabling kernel modesetting before running fglrx.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            I probably don't need to say this, but just wanted to make sure you *were* disabling kernel modesetting before running fglrx.
            AFAIK KMS is not working. but i do not have it specifically disabled nor am I really sure how one would go about disabling. :/

BTW bridgman I drive by the AMD building in Sunnyvale everyday on the way to work

Edit:

I do have the following in my blacklist and a recompiled INITRD

# Radeon and DRM
            blacklist drm
            blacklist i2c_core
            blacklist i2c_algo_bit
            blacklist radeon

Comment

Yeah, after I posted that I remembered that fglrx only supports 6xx and up which don't have KMS in F11.
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Yeah, after I posted that I remembered that fglrx only supports 6xx and up which don't have KMS in F11.
                hehe no worries.

I realize that FC11 is unsupported but I am curious to know what the issue is. Maybe it is not a DRI2 issue and I just think that because on the same HW in FC10 FGLRX works but in FC11 no love. I am also happy to hear that i am not the only one that has this issue.

Comment

There is some change with xv on 4850 card. I got cropped XV output before. But now, movies are not cropped. Computer "freezing" for 2-3 seconds some times, except that its good release I think.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think KMS gets enabled by default yet in F11 for r6xx/r7xx. It does in current Rawhide though so you gotta play pretty careful.

Comment

Anyone else having trouble getting 9.8 to compile on 64-bit F11 with kernel-2.6.29.6-217.2.7.fc11.x86_64 ? My fglrx-install.log file says:

Code:
                      [Message] Kernel Module : Trying to install a precompiled kernel module.
                      [Message] Kernel Module : Precompiled kernel module version mismatched.
                      [Message] Kernel Module : Found kernel module build environment, generating kernel module now.
                      AMD kernel module generator version 2.1
                      doing Makefile based build for kernel 2.6.x and higher
                      rm -rf *.c *.h *.o *.ko *.GCC* .??* *.symvers
                      make -C /lib/modules/2.6.29.6-217.2.7.fc11.x86_64/build SUBDIRS=/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x modules
                      make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.29.6-217.2.7.fc11.x86_64'
                        CC [M]  /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.o
                        CC [M]  /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.o
                      /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.c:431:6: warning: #warning "ACPI notification wrapping won't work."
                      /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.c:464:6: warning: #warning "ACPI notification wrapping won't work."
                      /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.c:490:6: warning: #warning "ACPI notification wrapping won't work."
                      /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.c:514:6: warning: #warning "ACPI notification wrapping won't work."
                        CC [M]  /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_agp.o
                        CC [M]  /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_debug.o
                        CC [M]  /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_ioctl.o
                        CC [M]  /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_io.o
                        CC [M]  /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_pci.o
                        CC [M]  /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_str.o
                        CC [M]  /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_wait.o
                        LD [M]  /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/fglrx.o
                        Building modules, stage 2.
                        MODPOST 1 modules
                        CC      /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/fglrx.mod.o
                        LD [M]  /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/fglrx.ko
                      make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.29.6-217.2.7.fc11.x86_64'
                      build succeeded with return value 0
                      duplicating results into driver repository...
                      done.
                      You must change your working directory to /lib/modules/fglrx
                      and then call ./make_install.sh in order to install the built module.
                      - recreating module dependency list
                      - trying a sample load of the kernel modules
                      failed.
                      [Error] Kernel Module : Failed to install compiled kernel module - please consult readme.
                      Hardware: Phenom II, AMD780G (Radeon HD 3200).

Comment

Working...
                      X