No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.8 Delivers New Kernel Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or it could update the incompatible entries.

Comment

• F11 workaround

For those having problems with F11

EDIT: Added January 5, 2012 Howto for F16 & F19 (there is no catalyst driver from rpmfusion repository for F20 and higher) Click this link to make sure your card is supported by this driver (All ATI cards below the HD series are unsupported, in F17 all HD4xxx and below are unsupported)

it is a problem related to the hardware cursor and fglrx.

Comment

• People are really desperate in looking for things to blame the fglrx drivers it would seem.

Comment

• This is an existing problem. Of course you think that having people chasing forums for several days until they discover the "delete /etc/ati" solution is really great. Your opinion. My opinion is that the user should be told or the installer should fix the entries.

People are really desperate in defending the fglrx driver's bugs.

Comment

• considering there are about 10 million different ways you could have your system configured its kinda to be expected to some extent. i see configuration problems leading to broken nvidia drivers on forums as well.

Comment

• there are so many things people could change. So many interactions. Hard for a tool to figure that out. Also people always blamed yast for doing that .... hmmm...

Comment

• Well, I finally got amdcccle working. The bad way - used the ati installer instead of the gentoo ebuild. Something on my system is really screwed; likely junk leftover from a really old driver/xorg-server/libX11/whatever.
                The synch to vertical refresh option actually makes some movies play nicer as it turns out.

Comment

• ugh - not using the ebuild will hurt you later. There are a lot of apps that need mesa-ogl to compile and won't do with nvidia or ati. If stuff fails, deinstall ati and reinstall mesa...

Comment

• Well, at least you don't also have to reinstall X server like with nvidia driver.

Comment

• Yeah I know it's an evil thing to do, but I was tired and thought "what the heck, it's broken anyway...."
                      Of course, now I can look back through the install logs and see what was changed to make it work. Then find out how to put my system back in order again.

-- yes, that is a major drawback with the nvidia drivers. That's what they get for replacing bits of X!
                      Last edited by mirv; 21 August 2009, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X