AMD Catalyst 9.8 Delivers New Kernel Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nille View Post
    Doesn't count. Unless AMD/ATi announced they're going to have XvBA support in the drivers, it's waste of time go around asking for it. As long as they haven't announced it, they can drop XvBA without even commenting on it, really...

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
      Doesn't count. Unless AMD/ATi announced they're going to have XvBA support in the drivers, it's waste of time go around asking for it. As long as they haven't announced it, they can drop XvBA without even commenting on it, really...
      truth.

i *think* bridgeman commented a while back that it had only been acknowledged by AMD for embedded systems.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
        and it works with 2.6.29+30 without patches.

So what is your problem?
        It doesn't work with the 2.6.31 prereleases and won't work with comming 2.6.31. The listed requirements are still wrong.

Comment

since 2.6.31 has not been released yet, the list is entirely correct. Prerelases are releases. And with 2.6.31 will come 9.9.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrenalineJunky View Post
            truth.

i *think* bridgeman commented a while back that it had only been acknowledged by AMD for embedded systems.
            I seem to remember that in some post some time ago as well.

Release notes: looks like they just copy & paste the same old "release" notes over and over and over... at least it's better than MSI which just returns NULL (they don't exist). (Look at the supported cards list...)

Well, I'm off to brave 9.8 at some point(may not feel up to the usual disappointment today), but fully expect to return and c&p my own list of bugs yet again...

Comment

This release finally fixes the issue with random desktop freezes which I had with 9.6 and 9.7. Sadly now HoN hangs randomly (but nearly always when the level up animation is played). I guess back to 9.5 unless someone knows a way around the HoN freezes (maybe they only happen at some specific graphics settings?). But other than that a massive improvement over the last drivers. Hopefully 9.9 will finally be the next usable release.

Comment

Catalyst 9.8 is not bad at all but same probleme since much version:

Adapter 0 - ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
                Sensor 0: Temperature - 89.50 C

Adapter 1 - ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
                Sensor 0: Temperature - 84.50 C
                My system is idle, when playing a game it hits 100 C.

aticonfig --pplib-cmd "get fanspeed 0"
                PPLIB command execution has failed!
                ati_pplib_cmd: execute "get" failed!

aticonfig --pplib-cmd "get fanspeed 1"
                PPLIB command execution has failed!
                ati_pplib_cmd: execute "get" failed!

CrossFire chain for adapter 0, status: enabled
                0. 01:00.0 ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
                1. 02:00.0 ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Same problem with setspeed. This problem is since I use crossfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Koorac View Post
                  Sadly now HoN hangs randomly (but nearly always when the level up animation is played). I guess back to 9.5 unless someone knows a way around the HoN freezes (maybe they only happen at some specific graphics settings?).
                  Try disabling dynamic lights in the options (it'll likely be that option if any of them can make a difference).

Comment

Originally posted by blabub View Post
                    Catalyst 9.8 is not bad at all but same probleme since much version:

Same problem with setspeed. This problem is since I use crossfire.
                    On a 4870, 80 to 85C idle temp is normal. Full load is about 90-95C.

Since you're on Crossfire, higher temps than the above is normal; the cards are close together and heat up more.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteDwarf View Post
                      Try disabling dynamic lights in the options (it'll likely be that option if any of them can make a difference).
                      Sounds like a good idea, I'll try that tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X