No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.8 Delivers New Kernel Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mein Deutsch ist auch nicht so gut, aber ich kann versuchen zu sprechen....oder schreiben.
    (I went to a cold little town on top of a mountain, with no train station, to work at a uni....and everybody just wanted to practice their english on me, so I didn't learn much German there).

Back on topic, I still have no problems with the latest catalyst drivers, but haven't yet fixed up my broken system, so the installation is directly from amd's install scripts, not gentoo's. Once I have some free time, I'll do that and post what was causing my long standing amdcccle problem (just in case someone else has a similar issue).

Comment

• cold little town? No train?

Clausthal?

Comment

• I like how you give that description and people instantly know what town it is. Yep, Clausthal!

Comment

• well, I am living there so....

and there aren't many universities in Germany fitting your description

Comment

• Escape! Get out of there!
            ....but keep using the local gentoo mirror, that one's pretty good.

Comment

• I am living here for 10 years. And I will stay here. My allergies love the place and the next lake is less than 500m away. Why should I go?

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                That is what I and some few others have been waiting for. Now, I do recall, someplace hereabout Bridg(NO E !!)man (correct me if I'm wrong! :-) ), saything something like ATI would not fully support XvBA, cause of the way the hardware was done and its tie into a bain of the civilized world, Digital Rights Management or DRM.
                What I said was that opening up UVD was difficult because of DRM linkage, and that if we did support the use of UVD it would most likely happen with the Catalyst driver first.
                Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by tball View Post
                  I though you learned english in school, like we do in Denmark?
                  I think that they generally dub their television.

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    What I said was that opening up UVD was difficult because of DRM linkage, and that if we did support the use of UVD it would most likely happen with the Catalyst driver first.
                    It was difficult? Does that mean you're ready for a release.

Comment

• I'm just repeating what I said at the time.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X