Favorite tech demo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite tech demo's

Just wondering over the years there have been some great tech demo's that manufacturers have put out. One of my faves still to this day is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XSV50W8P7I . In it's day it was truly jaw dropping. Now days a lot of the tech demos simply don't carry the same "wow" factor IMHO.

I've always liked the Pipe Dream tech demo, myself; I'm a big fan of percussion compositions. It might not qualify as well as some others though, as I believe the Animusic video had been around for quite a while before ATi decided to render it in real time on the 9700 hardware.

On a related topic, what about demoscene stuff? Actually, I don't think I've seen any good demos for Linux, though a friend of mine was working on getting farbrausch's debris. working well in Wine...
    Last edited by Wyatt; 16 August 2009, 07:00 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
      I've always liked the Pipe Dream tech demo, myself; I'm a big fan of percussion compositions. It might not qualify as well as some others though, as I believe the Animusic video had been around for quite a while before ATi decided to render it in real time on the 9700 hardware.

On a related topic, what about demoscene stuff? Actually, I don't think I've seen any good demos for Linux, though a friend of mine was working on getting farbrausch's debris. working well in Wine...
      When it comes to classic demo's, I remember Future Crew's Unreal causing my jaw to drop.

Comment

Working...
      X