Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: OpenGL3.2 on Catalyst Wine-GL-Exstansion

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default OpenGL3.2 on Catalyst Wine-GL-Exstansion

    OpenGL3.2 on Catalyst Wine-GL-Exstansion

    All abaut OpenGL3.2 in catalyst and the Wine Speedup.

    Now OpenGL3.2 is Out and the wine-nvidia-only-openGL-extansion come to AMD carts!!!!!!!!

    "The new release adds features to improve performance, quality, accelerated geometry processing and easier portability of applications originally made using Direct3D,"

    Wine now can handle DirektX up to 10.1!!!!!!!

    first time on amd as the same as on nvidia!


    in my hope we will see Opengl3.2 in the 9-9 catalyst final!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    628

    Default

    *plonk*

    .....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post


    in my hope we will see Opengl3.2 in the 9-9 catalyst final!
    wake up, my friend...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    in my hope we will see Opengl3.2 in the 9-9 catalyst final!
    since some month we wait for OGL 3.1 final and you think ATI/AMD can release in 2 month an ogl 3.2 driver ? rofl

    BTW ATI/AMD has a 3 month delay with new features or functions.

    I`m an AMD fan to but this is nothing else as dreaming.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nille View Post
    since some month we wait for OGL 3.1 final and you think ATI/AMD can release in 2 month an ogl 3.2 driver ? rofl

    BTW ATI/AMD has a 3 month delay with new features or functions.

    I`m an AMD fan to but this is nothing else as dreaming.


    there are OpenGL3.2 beta drivers in the cloused beta!

    in near future there will be a big bang!

    becourse some importand chances will come!

    they drop the fireGL-only fokus! and make bist investment in overall lead!

    RC driver openbeta will come to!


    Be Happy Somthing very big is going on!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    66

    Default

    since some month we wait for OGL 3.1 final...
    Full OpenGL 3.1 support is already available with the Catalyst 9.8 drivers.

    Catalyst 9.8 also supports geometry shaders and 33% of the OpenGL 3.2 features.

    Unigine Tropics gets a 10% boost with the new extensions.

    Somthing very big is going on!
    A fix for the broken / crappy OGL vertex shader performance
    Last edited by tuxdriver; 08-16-2009 at 12:27 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    912

    Default

    I'm fairly certain amd/ati already provide support for all the extensions that were moved to core in opengl3.2 - and the same for nvidia. A simple glxinfo | grep [whatever] will show that. I haven't gone through every single new addition, but the extensions that I know of that will be of benefit to wine are definitely there.

    I also haven't noticed any broken vertex shaders.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    2,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    there are OpenGL3.2 beta drivers in the cloused beta!

    in near future there will be a big bang!

    becourse some importand chances will come!

    they drop the fireGL-only fokus! and make bist investment in overall lead!

    RC driver openbeta will come to!


    Be Happy Somthing very big is going on!
    I am actually intrigued. Open beta? Not bad at all.

    Looking forward to September release.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    I would like to know where he gets that kind of information.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    I would like to know where he gets that kind of information.
    My guess is that he is in the closed beta program. But in that case he must have signed an NDA an is violating it badly overhere .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •