Thread: Tropico 5 Being Released For Linux Gamers This Week

Default Tropico 5 Being Released For Linux Gamers This Week

Phoronix: Tropico 5 Being Released For Linux Gamers This Week

There's just two days to go until a new, high quality, non-FPS game is being released for Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc5MDY

the shared PC in our dining room runs linux, and the kids are bored with the standard games, but do play minecraft, so perhaps this game will be good and I will buy it for them to play.

Quote Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
    the shared PC in our dining room runs linux, and the kids are bored with the standard games, but do play minecraft, so perhaps this game will be good and I will buy it for them to play.
    That's not really a game for kids. They'll get bored immediately.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much kids would enjoy a management game, like Tropico.

I'm going to get this eventually. It happens to come out on the same day as Wasteland 2, so I'll have my hands full for a bit. I'll probably scoop it up during the Steam Holiday Sale.

Lots of kids liked civilization and sim city, they might like tropico.

Default Mesa support?

I wonder if it will run on the Mesa drivers since the windows version requires DX11 and all without exception. With the current state of Mesa being Opengl 3.x and DX11 being ~ opengl 4.x...That would suck for those with Intel gpu chips (like me). Here's to hoping the linux version isn't as picky as the windows version.

It could work if it doesn't strictly check if OpenGL4.x is fully supported. Many OpenGL extensions beyond 3.3 are already implemented in mesa, but full version compliance above 3.3 isn't there yet.