Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merging Tux3 Into The Mainline Linux Kernel

Phoronix: Merging Tux3 Into The Mainline Linux Kernel

Remember the Tux3 file-system? The Tux3 file-system was shown off at the Southern California Linux Expo earlier this year and showed real promise with its features and slated performance. The developers behind Tux3 had a host of items on their to-do list, including atomic commit support, which to them was a requirement for getting this general purpose file-system into the Linux kernel. Tux3's Daniel Phillips has provided an update on the Linux kernel mailing list regarding the activity for this file-system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd wish he would chance the name to a more "enterprise" name. Even ToxicFS would be a better name

I also think Oracle should change the name from btrFS to OrbFS
    Last edited by Louise; 09 August 2009, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Yeah, everyone should get rid of stupid names!! What does "Apache" have to do with websites anyway? And "Gnome" is a total joke!!1

Comment

Not that I think it is very good, but there is a story behind "apache". Some say the name come from "a-patch-ie", because it started by just being a lot of patches.

Gnome is not the worst I have heard. Firefox takes that place

A much much better name would be Netscape 2009, and so on.
        Last edited by Louise; 10 August 2009, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Don't forget "Linux" lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            Don't forget "Linux" lol.
            I actually think that is very good name!

Haven't we all written programs as kids that we called our own name?

And that is what Linux is. Just a small program that was not meant for anything seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
              And that is what Linux is. Just a small program that was not meant for anything seriously
              I wonder why I get the mental image of a gnu strangling a penguin after reading this comment...

Comment

Working...
              X