Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Publishes New Chipset Documents

Phoronix: AMD Publishes New Chipset Documents

Last month the engineers at AMD managed to put out public, NDA-free documentation that covered the SB700/710/750 Chipsets. This south-bridge documentation is not nearly as exciting as seeing a new ATI graphics processors be documented in the public, but it does greatly help out the CoreBoot developers in enabling support for their BIOS project to run on systems with such hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if Coreboot are working on adding GUID Partition Table support?

As I found out lately, harddisks can not exceed 2TiB with the classic MBR. GUID is needed.

Or does these Southbridges support GUID perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
      I wonder if Coreboot are working on adding GUID Partition Table support?
      That's a job for the payload, not for coreboot itself. Apparently, GRUB 2 supports GPT and can be built as a coreboot payload.

Comment

There is nothing to say but: Awesome, thank you so much AMD!

Comment

Nice, would somebody send me a test board with bios chip in a socket and a replacement chip then i would test it... My intel systems are fast but do not support that.

Comment

Kudos for the AMD guys and volunteers. You guys rock the planet!

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
              Kudos for the AMD guys and volunteers. You guys rock the planet!
              Yes, it it amazing. I wonder if Bridgman is behind this push as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Phoronix
                and to Zheng Bao, who is an AMD engineer working on the CoreBoot support already in his spare time.
                This is not entirely correct. Zheng Bao worked on coreboot support in his working time, but did some cleanups and stabilization work in his spare time.

Comment

Hey nVidia, can you guess which video card I'm going to buy next?

Comment

Nice! Sort of been waiting for this since I bought my newest mb. I guess I now can actually expect superfast booting sometime in the future. Kudos to AMD & co for making this happen

Comment

Working...
                    X