Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD FirePro V8750 2GB

Phoronix: AMD FirePro V8750 2GB

We reviewed the FirePro V8700 1GB workstation graphics card back in March, but AMD has now introduced its evolutionary successor to this ultra high-end product, and that is the ATI FirePro V8750 2GB. The FirePro V8750 continues to be based off the ATI RV770 graphics processor, but is now backed by 2GB of 900MHz GDDR5 memory. Bumping the memory speed by 50MHz has raised the peak memory bandwidth from 108GB/s to 115GB/s. How well though does this $1,800 USD graphics card work with Linux? Well, we have all of the benchmarks in this article.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

even though I appreciate your articles,I can't see what's the purpose of this one. A company using ati firegl cards under Linux instead of Nvidia?? Must be crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
      even though I appreciate your articles,I can't see what's the purpose of this one. A company using ati firegl cards under Linux instead of Nvidia?? Must be crazy.
      fglrx isn't all THAT bad. I've been using 512MB ATI cards for loading and viewing poitn clouds of 40+ million points. Seems to work fine.

Seeing these vid cards run at 70+C is very very disappointing, especially seeing the machines running under 40C during the same testing.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
        Crazy? Quite the opposite. I found ATI FirePro 3D V7750 to be MUCH faster in Maya than nvidia fx1700/fx1800 or fx3800.

Wake up!! It's 2010 not 1995.

Comment

Working...
        X