BBC iPlayer problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC iPlayer problems

I've been trying out BBC iPlayer (using 3450 card) and I see jerkiness and tearing in the picture, with it being much much worse on HD iPlayer, which is a shame because the quality would otherwise be fantastic.

CPU usage is very high (I have an Core2 Duo running at 2.66MHz so it ought to be up to the job).

I'm currently using radeonhd driver.

Anyone know if this should be working properly?

Originally posted by duffster View Post
    I've been trying out BBC iPlayer (using 3450 card) and I see jerkiness and tearing in the picture, with it being much much worse on HD iPlayer, which is a shame because the quality would otherwise be fantastic.

CPU usage is very high (I have an Core2 Duo running at 2.66MHz so it ought to be up to the job).

I'm currently using radeonhd driver.

Anyone know if this should be working properly?
    Probably not, as flashplayer does everything in software (and may not be as efficient as other players on top of that).

The best way to get good playback is to pre download the stream using get_iplayer with flvstreamer. You can then use mplayer to play it and it will scale and do colourspace conversion using xv, which means you can play the 720p stuff on a far slower machine than yours. You also don't have ISP/shared network issues to contend with.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't know there was a ready-made app for this - I'll try it.

I note that it says it can even stream into some video players so you don't even have to pre-download. (I'm lucky enough to have 14Mb/sec download speed, so no problems there).

Now if only this was integrated into mythtv...

Comment

hiiii legume

I am satisfy with you.Flash player play a big role in videos.BBC iplayer causes some time quality problem but not ever.Update flash plyer for better results.

Comment

I think you should check your graphic card to get the high definition.If the problem continuously occurring,then you should
          contact to an engineer

Comment

Working...
          X