No announcement yet.

KDE 4.3.0 Desktop Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funny thing is Gstreamer is the default Phonon backend. At least in Arch. However, it's very easy to switch to Xine.

Comment

Aweesome release. Looks sexy, works great - a real joy to use. I can only thank all the contributors that have worked hard to make it possible.

Comment

Originally posted by blindfrog View Post
        It's pretty much perfect now, but still can't wait for 4.4 after seeing it's feature list (which is already massive)
        Do you have a link for that?

Comment

Originally posted by izual View Post
          Do you have a link for that?

This page gets updated regularly, so this list is by no means complete.

Comment

lol that link is down at the moment, too many users on the connection :P must be slashdotted looking forward to trying this new release the versions of kde4.x i've tried appeared to just be lacking applications/features needed to make the whole thing useful

Comment

Thanks for the link.

I can't finde any phonon improvements in these lists (4.3/4.4) and that sucks. Phonon still lacks too many "features" like equalizer support...

Comment

Originally posted by izual View Post
                Thanks for the link.

I can't finde any phonon improvements in these lists (4.3/4.4) and that sucks. Phonon still lacks too many "features" like equalizer support...
                Phonon does lack a lot of features. I my self discovered it while writing my qt app with phonon... well for the moment it does it's job quite well... hopefully though it will get some major advance features in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by netsurf View Post
                  lol that link is down at the moment, too many users on the connection :P must be slashdotted looking forward to trying this new release the versions of kde4.x i've tried appeared to just be lacking applications/features needed to make the whole thing useful
                  You sure that this isn't the task of Xine/Gstreamer? Phonon is just a wrapper I think.

Aaron Seigo recently posted a list with planned Plasma features for KDE 4.4 in his blog and it was H U G E.

Comment

Originally posted by eric.frederich View Post
                    I ran a fairly recent build if KDE a month or two ago and when I ran Inkscape I couldn't see the colors in any of the sliders.

I saw that the bug was known.

Wondering if this is fixed.

No idea whose fault it is? KDE, Qt, GTK+, Inkscape?
                    Color in the sliders? I believe that's an option you can enable in SystemSettings...

Comment

Aaron's post was just about Plasma. http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/07/p...in-kde-44.html

Most of the GSOC projects will be in 4.4 as well. http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/kde

Comment

Working...
                      X