Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard

Phoronix: Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard

Back in November we reviewed the Logitech G15, which was a well-built keyboard and offered a nice set of features, albeit it came at a lofty premium. The G15 sported a "GamePanel LCD" at the top of the keyboard which was a mini programmable LCD. This was nice and with some manual setup procedures would work under Linux. However, for those that may be looking for such a display or just looking for a smaller device to help with gaming, there is the Logitech G13. The G13 is not a traditional keyboard but rather an "Advanced Gameboard", as described by Logitech. It is effectively just an input device for your left hand that comes with 25 programmable keys along with a mini-joystick and at the top is a GamePanel LCD.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just a waste of money for a linux user in my opinion. It sure looks cool and your friends would be impressed seeing such device on your desktop, but that's pretty everything it can do.
    60+ compatible games? And how many of them are on linux?
    Last edited by kotsergy; 03 August 2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

It says this is for left-handed gamers, but it's not at all, it's for right handers.

You use your mouse with your right hand, and then use this with your left hand to replace WASD. It's an off-hand device.

Comment

Originally posted by Lattyware View Post
        It says this is for left-handed gamers, but it's not at all, it's for right handers.

You use your mouse with your right hand, and then use this with your left hand to replace WASD. It's an off-hand device.
        Yeah, cleared up the wording in the article to make that better known.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I just received this device and I'm getting frustrated of not being able to set it up.
          I'm using 64bit Ubuntu 9.04 and I tried that driver and explanation from the link provided in the review. Even found a post on logitech forums. Nothing works for me.
          Can I get more detailed help about setting this thing up on linux ?

Thanks

Comment

Glad I did some research

I really appreciate Phoronix looking this over, it saved me some $$. I'd seen this at Fry's Electronics for just under $70 today and was tempted to pick one up, but running Linux made me wonder if Logitech was going to treat me as a second-class citizen.

Yep, sure enough.

Thanks for the info!!

Comment

If I remember correctly, the G15 keyboard has some measure of support in Linux, correct? If this is the case, could someone consider merging the necessary parts of the G13 driver into that support? I was under the impression that there were plenty of Linux apps for the LCD for instance.

Comment

Working...
              X