Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: AMD/ATI lost another Linux customer

Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    oh come one. Are you even believing that crap? Did you even try Con's schedulers? Yes, there were some nice ideas - but they were not so great like his fanboys claimed them to be. And Ingo did credit Con for the idea, when he wrote cfs. Con acted like a diva afterwards and his fanboys went into a rage - but fanboys never see the facts.
    I have tried Con's schedulers and I was among the first to test Ingo's scheduler. Ingo was a very nice person to work with - and his scheduler had real advantages compared to Con for me.

Redhat 'kills' only in the sense that they are pushing gnome and crap like hal and pulseaudio. But Redhat is also top contributor to:
    kernel
    gcc
    glibc
    binutils
    X
    alsa
    gnome

Now show me a working desktop without sound....

LSB was never meant to kill anybody. And how do you come to that idiotic 'meant to kill debian' conclusion? Please explain that. I am sure it is hilarious.
    Pushing kernel(linux) means kill BSD?

Pushing alsa means kill OSS ?

pushing gnome means kill KDE???

o yes i use KDE i hate gnome.. soo on my personal Point of view Redhat is my personal enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrenalineJunky View Post
    that said, actually, they employ one of the main nouveau driver devs. you know the open source nvidia drivers trying to bring 3d support - but i'm sure 3d support has nothing to do with helping out games, right? and thier early adoption of nouveau in fedora probably helped alot with testing the driver.
    Not to forget the guy they have on radeon side. Not to drop any names or anything, he wouldn't probably care about this conversation in the slightest anyway. (RH employees seem to smartly steer away from this kind of flamebaits)
    Edit: Wonder if it'd be possible to have a mandatory drug testing before being allowed to use the Internet...
    Last edited by nanonyme; 08-10-2009 at 06:50 PM.

that said, actually, they employ one of the main nouveau driver devs. you know the open source nvidia drivers trying to bring 3d support - but i'm sure 3d support has nothing to do with helping out games, right? and thier early adoption of nouveau in fedora probably helped alot with testing the driver.
    Yes support nvidia by redhat kills Opensource!

becourse if redhat Block nvidia hartware and go for support intel and amd for 100% on a long time period nvidia will lose the battel!

but in this way... fedora supports nvidia binäry driver to 100% and redhat pays dev's to build an opensource 3D driver for nvidia hartware..

redhat supports an linux enemy... and why supporting an enemy? becourse redhat is the enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    Pushing kernel(linux) means kill BSD?

Pushing alsa means kill OSS ?

pushing gnome means kill KDE???

o yes i use KDE i hate gnome.. soo on my personal Point of view Redhat is my personal enemy.
    so what shall redhat do? not supporting the kernel? Whatever they do, you would cry bloody murder. And killing OSS? I hope that happens earlier than later. OSS was crap - and when I tried OSSv4 a few weeks ago, it was still crap. Crap fucking up my sound card pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    so what shall redhat do? not supporting the kernel? Whatever they do, you would cry bloody murder. And killing OSS? I hope that happens earlier than later. OSS was crap - and when I tried OSSv4 a few weeks ago, it was still crap. Crap fucking up my sound card pretty hard.
    i agree but kde??? i think Gnome is Crap!

redhat supports an linux enemy... and why supporting an enemy? becourse redhat is the enemy!
    The biggest enemy of Linux really is lack of understanding, not some vendor or software producer, and of that I've seen an abundance of lately...

Quote Originally Posted by nanonyme View Post
    Not to forget the guy they have on radeon side. Not to drop any names or anything, he wouldn't probably care about this conversation in the slightest anyway. (RH employees seem to smartly steer away from this kind of flamebaits)
    Edit: Wonder if it'd be possible to have a mandatory drug testing before being allowed to use the Internet...
    oh, i actually didn't know they had a guy working on amd stuff as well, thats cool.

Yes support nvidia by redhat kills Opensource!

becourse if redhat Block nvidia hartware and go for support intel and amd for 100% on a long time period nvidia will lose the battel!

but in this way... fedora supports nvidia binäry driver to 100% and redhat pays dev's to build an opensource 3D driver for nvidia hartware..

writing better open source drivers is.... a BAD thing?

you really expect anyone to believe that?

i agree but kde??? i think Gnome is Crap!
    lots of people disagree with you. and you can get fedora in a kde version as well, just because they prefer gnome does not make them evil, or your enemy. thats absurd.

lots of people disagree with you. and you can get fedora in a kde version as well, just because they prefer gnome does not make them evil, or your enemy. thats absurd.
    Hey, Ubuntu prefers Gnome too, they must be his enemy too then.

writing better open source drivers is.... a BAD thing?
    you really expect anyone to believe that?
    Yes! if a companie only melks the cow and makes more and more profit write a better opensource driver for less than nothing is a crime!

becourse you also can build an opensource hartware with full support and opendesine.

and full openspecs!

i give a shit on nvidia!