Nearly Two Dozen X.Org Drivers Get Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Most important change I see here is finally getting this bug squashed in evdev.

Maybe I'll actually be able to use evdev in SDL apps again (this bug annoyed the hell out of me when trying to play older linux games such as SoF).
    Awesome, thats great news. I remember when I was testing out OpenSUSE a while back, it defaulted to evdev by default. And I got to figure it out the hard way too when I tried certain games with it. The good thing about evdev though is I can use all my buttons properly on my Logitech G5, bad thing is that bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Yomp!! View Post
      Awesome, thats great news. I remember when I was testing out OpenSUSE a while back, it defaulted to evdev by default. And I got to figure it out the hard way too when I tried certain games with it. The good thing about evdev though is I can use all my buttons properly on my Logitech G5, bad thing is that bug.
      lol, get off my machine dammit. Same config.

But seriously many of these driver updates were "removing of unused symbols" and is not as large of a update as it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
        I second that on the mach64 drm... that would make at least 2 happy campers if it were fixed :-)

not that I don't know how to compile the newer drm, its just an annoyance to have to do so.
        What kernel and distribution are you using? When I compiled the only mach64 drm I could find that would build against my linux 2.6.29-rt kernel (Gentoo), I experienced considerable system instability.

Comment

Working...
        X