An Updated ATI Kernel Mode-Setting Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
    so I'm not surprised. Disappointed. Not surprised. I've already had to disable AGP and AccelDFS to get rid of graphics corruption under EXA
    I stopped being being surprised or disappointed long ago. AGP just simply apparently doesn't work properly, will be getting rid of the last computer I have with that soon enough.

Comment

*sigh*
      I sooo hope I'll see all that fancy stuff work on my R600 type cards/chips in 2.6.32. Sometimes I regret a little havin given away my R500 one.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
        Really? Yes well that's how I'd describe performance at this point I suppose, so I'm not surprised. Disappointed. Not surprised. I've already had to disable AGP and AccelDFS to get rid of graphics corruption under EXA ( and DRI1 ). It's hard to avoid the feeling that I'm going backwards.
        Good luck, the OSS driver from git was working great last time I used it on my laptop. It was also able to play a 720p movie on my 26" screen and I was able to play tremulous at the resolution of 1920*1200 with an average of 35 fps.

Now, I'm using fglrx with my brand new HD4770. 3D performance is really great but user experience is not really good on kde4 and flash.

Comment

What has changed in the KMS code since it was included in the kernel as a staging driver? With this patch + drm-next applied over a 2.6.29 kernel I could get a 1680x1050 console at startup with my HD3850, but with the staging driver in the .31-rcX kernel I simply get 80x25 and no errors in dmesg when I select CONFIG_DRM_RADEON_KMS.

Is r6xx support going backwards? I know it's not supposed to work yet, but it seemed to be closer a month ago with the patch than right now :P

Comment

R300 KMS is getting closer !

For more info :

Comment

Jerome's initial r6xx/r7xx KMS support patch is here:

Comment

That is one huge patch!

So Red Hat gave R100-R500 KMS to David and R600-R700 to Jerome to work on?

Comment

While searching for the mailinglist post, Google showed a commercial for "KMS hair Care".

I had to click on that one!

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                    Jerome's initial r6xx/r7xx KMS support patch is here:
                    http://people.freedesktop.org/~gliss...x-chipse.patch
                    Mmmm... it doesn't apply cleanly over 2.6.31-rc5 or rc4.

Comment

Originally posted by Fran View Post
                      Mmmm... it doesn't apply cleanly over 2.6.31-rc5 or rc4.
                      If my memory is right, they are working on a 2.6.28 kernel, and, when they are ready, they port it to the latest kernel. 2.6.28 is the version most users are running

Comment

Working...
                      X