Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ati radeon mobility x1250 3d acceleration

Hi!

I don't know what kind of chipset family is the one of the x1250 mobility but i would like to know if there is any 3d support planned or available from GIT for this card.

I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 on a Dell latitude XT , open source driver works very well but Google Earth is a no go :-(

Judging by the name this should be an R500-type device - though with those mobility things you never quite know. If it is an R500-type device, then yes, there has been support for it in Mesa for quite some time.

As for the Google Earth problems, I remember seeing some complaints about that but I never got time to look into it. Maybe somebody else can clarify, and perhaps you could explain what you mean by "is a no go".

Comment

The X1250 is supported by the r300 3d driver (the 3d part is r4xx-based). There was a performance regression on IGP chips in the last mesa release, so you need the latest version from git for better performance.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        The X1250 is supported by the r300 3d driver (the 3d part is r4xx-based). There was a performance regression on IGP chips in the last mesa release, so you need the latest version from git for better performance.
        Thanks i'm going to try with the git version :-)

About the problem with Google earth i mean it's slow as hell and unusable, and i'm getting about 300 fps with glxgears.

Comment

There was a bad performance regression for IGP parts in the mesa release used in 9.04, "slow as hell" is a pretty good summary.
          Test signature

Comment

Working...
          X