Multiple asics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a post about it a while ago:

Discussion of the X Server and related X.Org components, including X Input, Multi-Pointer X, and Multi-Touch. The Linux Kernel DRM (Direct Rendering Manager) can also be discussed.

The proprietary NVidia driver just handles it all fine. I think that this driver doesn't make stupid assumtions like the ATi ones..

Comment

Originally posted by MartjeB View Post
      I made a post about it a while ago:

Discussion of the X Server and related X.Org components, including X Input, Multi-Pointer X, and Multi-Touch. The Linux Kernel DRM (Direct Rendering Manager) can also be discussed.

The proprietary NVidia driver just handles it all fine. I think that this driver doesn't make stupid assumtions like the ATi ones..
      Yep. The proprietary drivers have an easier time with this, since they are not built around RandR to the same extent. I think fglrx handles this as well, although I haven't really played with multiseat yet.
      Test signature

Comment

<wrong>Fglrx can't be configured via xorg.conf, so it's a no-go :-(</wrong>

Fglrx crashes when trying to load more than one X-servers via the gdm configuration file.

Comment

Word

Thanks for all the responses haven't checked the board since friday. Right now I have multi-seat working using fglrx. But, was just checking the status of the open source drivers, have had problems with them and multi-seat in the past. Thanks.

Jamey

Comment

How did you get it working? I never managed to do it with fglrx!

Comment

Working...
            X