X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PuckPoltergeist View Post
    3.0.xxxx something shortly before 3.1
    3.1.xxxx something shortly before 3.2
    I don't think I understand what you mean and want to say.

What I did is make an application that does the following:

Create an OpenGL 3.0 context, then ask OpenGL which version it is. It says: `OpenGL 3.0.xxxx'. So I ask for OpenGL 3.0 and I got OpenGL 3.0. Then I tried creating an OpenGL 3.1 context and thereafter I asked OpenGL which version it is. It says: `OpenGL 3.1.xxxx beta'. So I asked for OpenGL 3.1 and I got a beta OpenGL 3.1 context. The last thing I tried was creating an OpenGL 3.2 context. This does not work, OpenGL gave an error.

So why do you claim Catalyst 9.7 supports OpenGL 3.2? Because it clearly doesn't.

OpenGL reference pages say the following:
    Code:
    The GL_VERSION and GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION strings begin with a version number.
    The version number uses one of these forms:

major_number.minor_number
    major_number.minor_number.release_number
    In this case it says 3.1.8787.

3: major version (OpenGL 3.x)
    1: minor version (OpenGL 3.1)
    8787: release_number: just a number AMD uses to indicate which version of the OpenGL driver this is. It increases with every release. It has nothing to do with OpenGL itself.
    Last edited by Heiko; 27 July 2009, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heiko View Post
      OpenGL reference pages say the following:
      Code:
      The GL_VERSION and GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION strings begin with a version number.
      The version number uses one of these forms:

major_number.minor_number
      major_number.minor_number.release_number
      In this case it says 3.1.8787.

3: major version (OpenGL 3.x)
      1: minor version (OpenGL 3.1)
      8787: release_number: just a number AMD uses to indicate which version of the OpenGL driver this is. It increases with every release. It has nothing to do with OpenGL itself.
      Ok, then I was wrong. I took the third number into the OGL versioning scheme, like the KDE versioning scheme. Didn't know that the third number is unreleated to the OGL version.

Comment

• Did you notice that 190.16 reported OpenGL 3.2, then this driver was completely removed from the servers and 190.18 reports now 3.1 Maybe too early *g*

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Did you notice that 190.16 reported OpenGL 3.2, then this driver was completely removed from the servers and 190.18 reports now 3.1 Maybe too early *g*
          I thought nvidias 190.18 still reported OpenGL 3.2:
          Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

• Look at a benchmark I uploaded:

Comment

• Bug: Random areas of black rectangles still appear with 9.7. No known way to reproduce but screen refresh clears corruption. Pretty sure it appears even BEFORE putting system to sleep.

Comment

• Crossfire finally works on my 4870x2
                Unigine Tropics got a 10 FPS increase.

I got some error messages in dmesg though:
                Code:
                [ 2911.922373] [fglrx:firegl_find_any_map] *ERROR* Invalid map handle!<3>[fglrx:drm_vm_open] *ERROR* map not found -> inconsistent kernel data!!! vma_start:0x7f80d3652000,handle:0xd0000000
                [ 2912.198467] [fglrx:firegl_find_any_map] *ERROR* Invalid map handle!<3>[fglrx:drm_vm_open] *ERROR* map not found -> inconsistent kernel data!!! vma_start:0x7f80d2cc5000,handle:0xd1068000
                Gentoo Linux with kernel 2.6.30-r4
                ATI Catalyst 9.7 (fglrx 8.63.2)
                xorg-server 1.6.2.901

Comment

• See http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.p...571625#p571625. It's not a fix for the problem itself, but will keep your kernel logs from being spammed with these messages.

Comment

Working...
                  X