No announcement yet.

Okay, Linux Gamers Are REALLY Excited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, the game does not hand hold newbies at all. They'll need to put in a practice mode like they did in Savage 2. If you want to practice, I'd just suggest you start a private online game and start it with just you in it. Or we could arrange a Phoronix reader's match

Comment

Originally posted by Max Spain View Post
      Ya, the game does not hand hold newbies at all. They'll need to put in a practice mode like they did in Savage 2. If you want to practice, I'd just suggest you start a private online game and start it with just you in it. Or we could arrange a Phoronix reader's match
      phoronix readers match would be cool, i played a little, but ultamately got annoyed with people whining at me for sucking. i do, but i was playing all "noobs only" matches and have never played a game of this kind before...

some sort of single player with bots would be a great idea - to let people get a grasp of the game first.

Comment

He's right, a beta without directions is bad. In a beta you have to tell people "what" they have to test. It's not just "play and look". At last any professional and worthwhile Beta test contains directions. After all it's for the developers to iron out problems not for players to play it first.

Comment

most of us believe beta means free early access.

Comment

Atm, the testing is mainly for the devs to stress test the server code.

If you are unsure about whats going on, jump on the HoN League channel (IIRC) they are pro's to this game type and are willing to help newcomers with guidance and matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
              The game works very well on my computer (ATI HD4870 / fglrx 9.3 / xorg-server 1.5.3 on gentoo 2.6.25), BUT, is there somewhere I can read some games instructions ????

What is the goal of the game ?
              How does it play ?

Thanks a lot for any help !
              read the forums, as always...
              here:

best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by gforum View Post
                read the forums, as always...
                here:

best of luck!
                Thanks for the link !

EDIT : I should add that a Phoronix readers' match would be cool ! Michael, could you setup a server ?

Comment

sign me up for that, anytime anywhere.

Comment

Its too bad there isn't a tutorial in the game (yet hopefully), I could had used one, but I don't need it now. What doesn't help though is that 2 out of the 3 games I've played already have consisted of jerks that are neither newbie friendly in a noob only game, or are very understanding. But if you guys want to get a game together we could organize one in #phoronix on irc.freenode.net or plan one on a certain date and time.

Comment

HoN Beta Key

I work at Howies Gameshack and I am trying to get some Beta keys for Hero's of Newerth for our employees to try the Game. Wwe have it on all of our 150 systems but noone has a key for it. Im excited to try. failing this i would like one at least for myself if possible. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X