Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.31-rc4 Released To Fix Bugs

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.31-rc4 Released To Fix Bugs

For those of you following the latest kernel developments, the Linux 2.6.31-rc4 kernel has just been released. This fourth release candidate for the Linux 2.6.31 kernel brings fixes for some bigger bugs that were discovered in the past week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It panics immediately on my laptop, hardly gets started booting at all. I was running 2.6.31-rc2 before with just a few problems in the ath9k driver. Looks like they may have been fixed in -rc3, but I just applied the -rc3 and -rc4 patches all at once so I didn't test -rc3 on its own.

Comment

It seems Linus is on holiday now, at least there is still no git1 after RC4. Issues for me with RC4 are:

1) DeviceMapper broken, patch available

2) Virtual Box modules only work sometimes

Have to use

/etc/init.d/vboxdrv restart

till it runs.

You can test a ratio of errors using:

for x in $(seq 100); do /etc/init.d/vboxdrv restart; done|grep -c dmesg

most of the time between 40-50 here.

3) kdesu does not work, communication error with su

That is not visable when sudo is used, so maybe U is a bad test, but for Lenny with kde 3.5 you always see this error.
      Last edited by Kano; 27 July 2009, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X