Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come Play This New Linux-Native Game With Us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love DOTA! I have a group of friends that gets together to play it every Sunday. I'd love to get in to this beta. I've been deply saddened by the issues I've had getting DOtA/War 3 to play nicely under my compiz / dual monitor setup *(side scrolling doesn't work when you scroll onto the next monitor). Ignoring that issue I still get artifacting and other problems about 3 minutes into the wined game. It'd be great to have a native game to play.

Comment

• I'd love one to.

Comment

• If there are still keys available I would like to take advantage of the opportunity to try out the beta. Other than mixed results with NWN my gaming has been purely Windows based so a good game on the Linux side would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteDwarf View Post
          Right now, it pretty much needs an ATI/NVIDIA card running the binary drivers (Radeon 9600 or newer/Geforce 5 FX or newer). With time (and driver maturity), it should run on some of the newer intel integrated cards (X3000 series and newer, I'm thinking).

(I don't need a key)
          I was kindly given a key and tried it on my G45. It runs, but except for the menu, the entire game is completely white

I will file a bug with Mesa later, hopefully S2 will be giving out beta keys to the developers too.

Comment

• Hopefully this game will work well with Mesa

Please can I have a beta key?

Comment

• Hi. Please add me to the beta.
              I currently own systems with: RV770 FGRLX, G96 NVIDIA, and M56 ati(opensource) systems. 64 & 32-bit.
              Thanks in advance

Comment

• I always love to hear of native Linux games and would love to be part of the beta. If it is still open, please send me a beta key.

Comment

• I would like a key to try this. I don't often get a change to play Linux-native games.

Comment

• Originally posted by whizse View Post
                    I was kindly given a key and tried it on my G45. It runs, but except for the menu, the entire game is completely white

I will file a bug with Mesa later, hopefully S2 will be giving out beta keys to the developers too.
                    If the mesa devs want keys, just have them email slacker. Getting it into the hands of the developers who work on a platform you want to run on can only be a good thing .

From what I've seen, the white is just Mesa's shader compiler not liking the shaders in the game (preprocessor issues if I remember correctly). For what it is worth, ATI + OS X 10.4 also has issues with the shaders, but unlike Mesa's shader compiler, it doesn't throw any errors.

Comment

• Latest batch of beta keys now sent out.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X