No announcement yet.

ATI R600/700 OSS 3D Driver Reaches Gears Milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe I went from 24fps to 2300 - 2400 in two days.

Can we expect another 1000fps by tomorrow night bridgeman?
    And will we have OpenGL 2.0 by next week?

I'm getting a new message when I run glxgears right after the IRQ's not enabled:
    no rrb

Comment

• I'm getting the same message; I think it showed up during radeon_rewrite as well. Looking into it now.

OK, seems like rrb is radeon_renderbuffer, and the message happens when buffer allocation fails; the messages I saw were for allocation of a color buffer (where the image goes) or depth buffer (where the per-pixel Z goes). Looks like a message should be generated every time this happens (ie there could be many messages); interesting that it only happens once.

Understanding the corruption when something else like EXA is sharing the drm really needs to be next priority, I think. The Unigine demos can wait another week
      Last edited by bridgman; 12 August 2009, 10:22 PM.
      Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
        I can't believe I went from 24fps to 2300 - 2400 in two days.
        What videocard do you have?
        The people with HD4850 got only about 600fps...

Comment

• Originally posted by javum View Post
          That was this morning. Alex rewrote the blit code today and it's going a lot faster now

The changes are in drm, not mesa.
          Test signature

Comment

• For the record, I'm getting "no rrb" messages in stderr at the beginning of running anything with the driver, hunted it down to radeon_get_colorbuffer and onwards to radeon_renderbuffer. Seems r700SetScissor also fails once at the beginning of the programs due to missing rrb. Am I the only one with this issue?

Comment

• At least two other people have seen the message (counting me)... check up the thread a few posts.
              Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by javum View Post
                4850. I was getting 570fps yesterday.

I have noticed that eduke32 artifacts like crazy now. Yesterday it only flickered a little, and objects were visible through walls, but now it's completely messed up.
                Last edited by pvtcupcakes; 13 August 2009, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• Code:
                  franjva@quad ~ $ glxgears 
                  IRQ's not enabled, falling back to busy waits: 2 16
                  no rrb
                  17961 frames in 5.0 seconds = 3592.171 FPS
                  18056 frames in 5.0 seconds = 3611.066 FPS
                  Not bad, considering I was getting 40 fps yesterday morning :P

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    At least two other people have seen the message (counting me)... check up the thread a few posts.
                    Yeah... I just reinstalled my system just a bit ago and I still suspect the local system first now when weird stuff arises.

Comment

• Is it normal to have direct rendering YES even though I don't have 3D capable driver yet ?
                      If I read through glxinfo's output I get a GL_RENDERER software rasterizer, how can I be sure to have 3D acceleration if glxinfo somehow fails to report correct things ?
                      Is glxinfo still relevant ?

Comment

Working...
                      X