Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please The Chef With Linux & Phoronix

Phoronix: Please Your Wife With Phoronix, Really

If your wife has been upset with how much time you spend on our forums, that you subscribe to Phoronix Premium, or that you always occupy her computer by running the Phoronix Test Suite on it, fear no more! Just send her over to the newest web property that's managed by Phoronix Media, Foodstruments. Foodstruments is a portmanteau for "Food Instruments" and this is a site that features cooking gadget reviews, inexpensive cooking tools, and other products for the home and kitchen...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sorry but i find this article a tad bit sexist. I know many men more interested in cooking than in linux and a certain amount of women more interested in linux than in cooking. Besides at home, chores should be shared, i do not see why cooking stuff should only be given to women.
    Last edited by Med_; 14 July 2009, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam.

Wonderful Spam!

Comment

Originally posted by Med_ View Post
        Sorry by i find this article a tad bit sexist. I know many men more interested in cooking than in linux and a certain amount of women more interested in linux than in cooking. Besides at home, chores should be shared, i do not see why cooking stuff should only be given to women.
        i agree 104%

I am a man. I am a fit, sexy, man. And i like to cook.

Comment

Sorry by i find this article a tad bit sexist.
          Yeah I thought the same thing at first, but I'd say it was completely unintentional and merely resulted because they tried to come up with a witty title.

@topic: Uhm... yay? :P

Comment

It's weird to see a phoronix-style review with "food" hardware, heh

Comment

Sorry by i find this article a tad bit sexist. I know many men more interested in cooking than in linux and a certain amount of women more interested in linux than in cooking. Besides at home, chores should be shared, i do not see why cooking stuff should only be given to women.
              I totally agree with everything you just said. I do almost _all_ the cooking at home, and yes, I am a male, and yes, I am usually tired for cooking, like most people. I was shocked when I saw the article. Hopefully we won't be seeing more of this. Oh well.

Comment

This is April 1'st, isn't it?.... Right?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the Phoronix Test Suite scores for my brand of kitchen scales, versus the large hadron collider.

PS I'm Brad Pitt and I do all my cooking at home (with a large hadron collider)
                Last edited by Mr_Alien_Overlord; 14 July 2009, 02:51 PM.

Comment

This isn't necessarily sexist....
                  Perhaps we can impress our wives/girlfriends/otherwise cute girl by cooking up something that looks, smells, and tastes great.
                  Women really appreciate special moments, even if it doesn't seem to mean much to men (and I think all of us have been in that awful position where we disregarded a "special" moment...).

Comment

This discussion is as ridiciulous as the one about one of the last RMS speeches with the "virgin of emacs". Do you really think either person (Michael, RMS) were trying to discrimate people? No? Than have a laugh about it.

This foodstruments site is to help financing Phoronix.

Comment

Working...
                    X