Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexforcefive View Post
    Maybe you could change the article then? It is very offensive
    I did notice the title changed! Many thanks to the person responsible.

Comment

Sheesh, would someone get a grip on reality...

_Most_ nerds, and by that I mean over 90% if not more, are men. I don't think the number is any different with Linuxusers, it might be even higher. This is neither sexist nor offending, it's reflecting reality. No reason to bash Phoronix for not being over politically correct, which is just ugly. There's a degree to which it _may_ be justified, but not here.

It's like saying black people are overrepresented in American jails. Is that racist, discriminatory? It's just stating the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by whaevr View Post
        My god they've done it!

Linux really can make me a sandwich now! Well almost.

Take that windows, we're one step closer than you are.
        http://xkcd.com/149/
        Test signature

Comment

lots of PC people here...

Comment

This reminds me so much of the story where you can install Debian on a microwave.

Comment

I really don't want to imagine food reviews on phoronix.

"Here's three pages of graphs generated by phoronix-test-suite, describing nutritional values, chemical composition as well as mass, density, conductivity and pulpiness of the food. We didn't bother testing how it tastes, though."

Comment

Naysayers!

It's a Phoronix-Media webs-ite. Michael made ONE post informing you about it. Big deal. Go cry in your pillow. Personally, if they launched 3 more web-sites all unrelated to tech I would wonder why they didn't advertise at first between each other. There's more to life than your Linux PC and I personally have to eat.

Quit'ch'yer bitchin'
                Hi

Comment

subtitute wife with significant other.
                  fixed!

Comment

LOL, since the moment I saw the title I knew it would be changed, it was crying for a change. I was surprised it lasted more than a minute there.

Comment

Originally posted by alexforcefive View Post
                      Maybe you could change the article then? It is very offensive
                      And some people are just overly sensitive. My wife for one thought it was a great "tongue in cheek". Certainly no more offensive than many of the average headlines on the cover of many women targeted magazines.

Comment

Working...
                      X