Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DF5JT View Post
    Wolfenstein still crashes with a SIG11,
    I think you get this because of the sound.

As root: try

echo 'wolfsp.x86 0 0 direct' > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss

Then start the game (as user) with :
    wolfsp.x86

Comment

With the git changes to drm-3d and mesa->r6xx-rewrite of today, glxgears no longer locks up, but doesn't really work and gives the following:

Code:
      IRQ's not enabled, falling back to busy waits: 2 18
      142 frames in 5.0 seconds = 28.209 FPS
      142 frames in 5.0 seconds = 28.293 FPS
      This is substantially slower (90% slower) than mesa with no acceleration, but at least it doesn't lock up.

radeonhd also seems to load dri whereas before it stated:
      (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable

Comment

That's actually better than agd5f was getting; on his system the number was more like 15 fps. The slowness is from doing the back-buffer to front-buffer copy on the CPU rather than the GPU - without the delay from the copy agd5f was getting more like 1500 fps.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by forum1793 View Post
          I think you get this because of the sound.
          No, I already have a wrapper script to use sdl as sound backend which works in the intro. I am confident the SIG11 is graphics related.

Comment

No, I already have a wrapper script to use sdl as sound backend which works in the intro. I am confident the SIG11 is graphics related.
            The intro used to work for me also but once an actual level was going to start it would kick out with the sig11 error. I always thought it was video but after searching a lot, I came across that sound suggestion. For me this fixed the problem. You could simply try it and see.

Comment

You could also start the game with gdb and see where the problem is coming from.

Comment

Working...
              X