Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What all X-Fi owners have been waiting for!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What all X-Fi owners have been waiting for!

Finally !

As of July 12, the newest Kernel 2.6.31-2 included in the Karmic Koala Daily Builds includes FULL Support for the entire X-Fi family.

Ive tested with my own X-Fi Fatal1ty (PCI) and X-Fi Titanium (PCIe) and both are working out of the box with no tinkering or anything.

Not only that.

THEY ARE BOTH WORKING IN FULL MULTICHANNEL, that's right!

Front, Surround, Center, Subwoofer and even Side Speakers are working!

I hope this cheers every X-Fi owner up! I'm soo happy, bad news is that now I have to use an Alpha Karmic Koala but, who cares, this is far to good to just "wait"

I hope this is not old news to you!

Eagle

hmmm, are you using the pulseaudio crap? or just using alsa with the driver?

Comment

Shame that I already got rid of mine.

Comment

Yes, pulseaudio IS crap. no, not using it right now.

just trying to figure it out a way to use all channels in multichannel..

They made the driver with "sub-devices" instead of just 1 device with all outputs so, currently, only stereo front OR side speakers OR center/lfe can be use in a program at a given time.

It's like I have 3 different soundcards separated in the same system, can't find a way to glue them together..

Comment

Hi, no joy with my SupremeFX X-Fi 7.1 that came with my new ASUS Crosshair III Formula motherboard.. I'm running latest Alpha3 with all updates.. It doesn't even show up if listed:

:~$ aplay -l or...
          :~$ lspci -v

any suggestions of that to do.. or do I just have to eccept that I've got a non compatible X-Fi soundcard?

cheers, tech2000

Comment

alpha 3 you should use the kernel.2.6.31-rc3

Comment

Originally posted by tech2000 View Post
              Hi, no joy with my SupremeFX X-Fi 7.1 that came with my new ASUS Crosshair III Formula motherboard.. I'm running latest Alpha3 with all updates.. It doesn't even show up if listed:

:~$ aplay -l or...
              :~$ lspci -v

any suggestions of that to do.. or do I just have to eccept that I've got a non compatible X-Fi soundcard?

cheers, tech2000

The SupremeFX is not a X-Fi card, it does not have any X-Fi chip on it . It has SOME X-Fi functionality (EAX 4.0 support) through the windows drivers (software based). The chip that it uses is a ADI. Any X-Fi functionality is done purely on a software level. This is why the X-Fi driver will not work with your card. This is not a bug, as your SupremeFX shares no common hardware with the X-Fi's.

Specification for Asus SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card

1. ADI? AD2000B 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
              2. EAX? Advanced™ HD 4.0
              3. X-Fi CMSS?-3D
              4. X-Fi 24-bit Crystalizer™
              5. Creative ALchemy
              6. Supports 1 x S/PDIF out header
              7. Supports Coaxial/Optical S/PDIF out ports on rear
              Last edited by deanjo; 31 July 2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Well, Creative still sucks and I'll try my best to never buy any hardware from them anymore.

Comment

Really nice to see this driver in the new kernel , but since i've got a new mainboard, i can not use this card anymore, (gigabyte 790X), it detects the card 20 times (bios and linux) and linux starts sometimes with a kernel panic o_O, anybody an idea whats maybe wrong there?

Comment

Originally posted by .CME. View Post
                    Really nice to see this driver in the new kernel , but since i've got a new mainboard, i can not use this card anymore, (gigabyte 790X), it detects the card 20 times (bios and linux) and linux starts sometimes with a kernel panic o_O, anybody an idea whats maybe wrong there?
                    Snarky answer: maybe its because you are using Creative hardware.

Comment

Working...
                    X