ASUS M51TA-x2, Radeon HD 3650, Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Well i had this laptop to test for a few h and had the same problem. If you want to test latest radeon it is more easy to check fedora daily iso images. You can put em onto usb drive with image-writer, dd or whatever you like.

if not already installed:

su
    yum install mesa-dri-drivers-experimental

If somebody from fedora reads this: please use at least a symlink with the same name for everyday, i do not intent do check the names all the time again. No other distro which daily images hardcodes the date in the iso image itself.
    So, are you saying that current drivers radeonhd won't give 3D acceleration to notebook ASUS M51Ta? And that I could install Fedora to be able to test mesa-dri-drivers-experimental? Doesn't it exist something like that for Ubuntu?

Comment

You don't need radeonhd at all. You can test Fedora 3d accelleration even in live mode.

Comment

You don't need radeonhd at all. You can test Fedora 3d accelleration even in live mode.
        Thanks Kano, I will surely try that. Not right now, because my internet connection sucks.

And continuing with the radeonhd + 3d acceleration...

(1) I installed Ubuntu 9.04 from scratch and updated everything
        (2) Followed this guide http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonhd%3AINSTALL to install radeonhd, all went right
        (3) And while I was installing radeonhd:experimental_3D, following this other guide http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonhd%3Aexperimental_3D ; most specifically while installing mesa, I had an output error after this command:

Code:
        sudo ./autogen.sh --with-dri-drivers=swrast,r600 --libdir=$(pkg-config --variable=libdir dri) --includedir=$(pkg-config --variable=includedir dri) --disable-gallium --enable-debug
        Error:
        Code:
        autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
        autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
        autoreconf: running: aclocal 
        autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
        autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
        autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
        autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Autoheader
        autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Automake
        autoreconf: Leaving directory `.'
        configure: error: expected an absolute directory name for --includedir:
        Am I missing something? Thanks.

Comment

ASUS M51Ta - FINALLY REAL 3D ACCELERATION!!!!

YEEESSS!!!! Finally real 3D acceleration on my notebook ASUS M51Ta!!!! I installed fedora 12 beta nightly-compose of 26/10/2009 and then installed (as Kano suggested) mesa experimental drivers:

Code:
          su
          yum install mesa-dri-drivers-experimental
          I cannot be more happier!! Thank your so much guys!!!

Comment

Hi guys,

I've got the same laptop as rmartinez and I'm very grateful for your advices so far.
            Currently I'm using Fedora 12 with "mesa-dri-drivers-experimental".
            3D works nicely in gnome, kde has got some strange graphic errors.
            However the suspend mode is not working correctly. The laptop goes to sleep mode, but after waking it up the screen stays blank. I can "blindly" log in another console (ctrl + alt + f2) and shut down.
            Is there maybe some command I can try to get back a picture?
            Ctrl + alt + backspace does not change anything.

Thanks!

Comment

Finally some good performance and switchable graphics in Linux!!!

In this post it is detailed how to install switchable graphics under Linux (Fedora12):

Still work to do, but very promising situation and good 3D acceleration.

Comment

Working...
              X