The OpenArena topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
    only 3/4 of the time. It adds challenge when you dont.
    Well I don't consider anybody to be 1337 in a FPS until all they need is the audio to dominate a fragfest.

Comment

Originally posted by poofyyoda View Post
      The single biggest thing would be the rocket launcher, then the maps IMO.
      I wanted a rocket launcher in which you saw the rockets loaded, but weapon animation possibilities are the most limited here of all id games in existence (with the exception of Wolf3D) to like 3 or 4 firing frames it's not even funny that there's no room for the creative.

Comment

Originally posted by leilei View Post
        I wanted a rocket launcher in which you saw the rockets loaded, but weapon animation possibilities are the most limited here of all id games in existence (with the exception of Wolf3D) to like 3 or 4 firing frames it's not even funny that there's no room for the creative.
        Well, then the creative challenge is to work with such limited possibilities, kinda like the developers of games for the old consoles had to work with the limitations of the hardware at the time. Didnt quake2's rocket launcher for example, have a rocket loading animation? Which was strange since it kept showing lots of rockets when there was only 1 rocket left.

Comment

Yeah well Quake2 used over 30 frames for that. This game only gives you 3, and it's only tag movement.

Comment

Originally posted by leilei View Post
            Yeah well Quake2 used over 30 frames for that. This game only gives you 3, and it's only tag movement.
            Well, I suppose that unless you have a programmer ready in your team, you'll have to do with what quake3 offers by default. Afterall, quake 3 arena was meant as an online competitive game, not that much as a single player game rich in user experience and atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
            X