Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• list of the different options in xorg.conf

Hello,

It's been a while that i follow the evolution of opensource radeon driver and i've never seen any complete explication about the different options possible in the xorg.conf for radeon OS driver.

Do you know where i could find them?

It would be helpfull to configure the driver properly, like there isn't any graphic tool to do it.

++

Bibi

ps: many thanks to the developer, you do a great job!!! Go on.

"man radeon" from the terminal

Comment

Lol. With radeonhd i presume it's man radeonhd.
      Well thanks for the fast and complete answer

Bibi

Comment

Originally posted by bibi View Post
        Lol. With radeonhd i presume it's man radeonhd.
        Well thanks for the fast and complete answer

Bibi
        Do note though that you don't have to configure modern X servers much. Mostly only need to do it if you run into bugs and want to circumvent them or you want to use some feature that's not enabled by default yet because it's not considered stable enough.

Comment

Yeah, well but that man something can also help you to do the HAL fdi scripts / file configuration. Cause HAL sometimes just fails. And then you'll be glad if you can manually edit your xorg.conf or a hal fdi script.
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
            Yeah, well but that man something can also help you to do the HAL fdi scripts / file configuration. Cause HAL sometimes just fails. And then you'll be glad if you can manually edit your xorg.conf or a hal fdi script.
            You know, HAL failing sounds like a bug, I already covered it in the reasons for where I think overriding defaults makes sense... (do remember to tell upstream though that it failed, lest you end up working around a bug for the rest of eternity)

Comment

Working...
            X