Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon driver in FC11 has Redirected Direct Rendering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon driver in FC11 has Redirected Direct Rendering?

Hi,

I have tried FC11 x64 about a week ago, the magical thing it comes with is the ability to run glxgears correctly under Compiz.

However it also have occasional garbed characters on my X850XT PCI-e

Does it mean that the Xserver, OSS radeon driver comes with FC11 supports redirected direct rendering?

Render speed is slower than under Ubuntu but it definitely is hardware accelerated because I am still getting ~2000 FPS under compiz. No flash and attaches to the window while rotating the cube and/or obscured by a transparent terminal.

So looking forward to see this works on R600!

Yep; it's an early version of the KMS/GEM/TTM/DRI2/RDR stack but it's there for 5xx and below (plus rs690, I think). My understanding is that F11 has the "old TTM code" while F12 will have the new TTM code which was recently accepted into the Linux kernel.
    Test signature

Comment

Don't be afraid of performance regression: it's the first I'm able to run KMS + DRI2 correctly out of the box in a distro. I've already started to report some 2D regressions, as soon as possible I'll report the 3D one.
      If you want your 3D performances back just add "nomodeset" to the kernel options. You'll lose KMS + DRI2 but you'll get your performances back; at least it worked for me.

Comment

Working...
      X