No announcement yet.

Open-Source ATI R600/700 3D Driver Almost Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an easy way to monitor how many PCI-E lanes are being used? That way once KMS and everything are in and we get more power saving options it'd be interesting to see how it scales (and verify that it's working).

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
      Is there an easy way to monitor how many PCI-E lanes are being used? That way once KMS and everything are in and we get more power saving options it'd be interesting to see how it scales (and verify that it's working).
      The driver can set however many it wants to use. The current code sets the number of lanes to 1 when the displays blank when the DynamicPM option is enabled and 4 when ForceLowPowerMode is enabled. The default is 16. The tricky part will be figuring out how the PCIE lane stuff should work on multi-gpu cards.

Comment

Is there a command I can use to print the currently active number of lanes? Just kinda curious.

Comment

I think agd5f created a patch which would indicate power state (and pcie lane) changes in your xorg log. It's not standard code because it's not considered nice to write an infinite number of lines to the log under normal conditions
          Test signature

Comment

Cool, I'll check the gitweb if it's in there.

Comment

It won't be AFAIK, I think he posted it here. Check the original power management thread from a couple of months ago.
              Test signature

Comment

@bridgman and agd5f
                When disabling the function call to change number of active pcie lanes, within the ForceLowPowerMode function in radeon_pm.c, everything works fine.
                I can suspend, reboot, shutdown and there aren't any corruptions whatsoever.

EDIT:
                Thats with ForceLowPowerMode enabled btw.

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
                  @bridgman and agd5f
                  When disabling the function call to change number of active pcie lanes, within the ForceLowPowerMode function in radeon_pm.c, everything works fine.
                  I can suspend, reboot, shutdown and there aren't any corruptions whatsoever.

EDIT:
                  Thats with ForceLowPowerMode enabled btw.
                  Fix already pushed:

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
                    Is there a command I can use to print the currently active number of lanes? Just kinda curious.
                    Add this line:
                    ErrorF("Setting PCIE lanes to %d\n", lanes);

to RADEONSetPCIELanes() in radeon.pm.c and it will print the number of lanes every time the driver changes it.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                      But my system isn't a multigpu system? The fix only seem to relate those with a multigpu card.

Comment

Working...
                      X