No announcement yet.

God steals your $10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God doesn't want money; he wants spiritual fruit.

Comment

God Is Open-Source!

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
      No, He is definitely open, but some people have closed minds :> We just sometimes don't understand the Source.

And GPL is the most Christian license.

Btw. openness is something natural. For example we can read DNA sentences.
      Well said! I think Yahweh is the most open and least mysterious of all the "gods" out there; it's just us thick-headed humans who have trouble paying attention!

To answer the original question/poll, If I could determine beyond any possible doubt that really *was* God who took my 10 bucks, I would beg for forgiveness.

However, I've never heard of Jesus rummaging through people's bank accounts uninvited..............

Comment

Originally posted by Darkfire Fox View Post
        Well said! I think Yahweh is the most open and least mysterious of all the "gods" out there; it's just us thick-headed humans who have trouble paying attention!

To answer the original question/poll, If I could determine beyond any possible doubt that really *was* God who took my 10 bucks, I would beg for forgiveness.
        Uhm... does anyone else see the irony in this? You know, a christian wanting to determine something beyond any possible doubt before believing it...
        Last edited by Zhick; 04 July 2009, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          God is closed source. I doubt he would punish you for supporting the way he works.

"He works in mysterious ways."

Now if he was opensource, he wouldn't be so mysterious now would he?
          Didn't know opensource projects their ways where that logically either

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
            Uhm... does anyone else see the irony in this? You know, a christian wanting to determine something beyond any possible doubt before believing it...
            ders alot of viewpoints about God and several religions thus. To take this very far would be to question another's religion in 1 way or another which i dont believe is a safe call. People can get offended.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
              Btw. openness is something natural. For example we can read DNA sentences.
              Reverse engineer, yes . Or do you have the documentation?

Comment

BTW, the correct hack for this is, "I go to church, steal $10, ask for forgiveness, get struck by lightning on my way home, survive, and live the rest of my days with super powers."

Comment

Re: God Is Open Source

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                  BTW, the correct hack for this is, "I go to church, steal $10, ask for forgiveness, get struck by lightning on my way home, survive, and live the rest of my days with super powers."
                  LOLz

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                  ders alot of viewpoints about God and several religions thus. To take this very far would be to question another's religion in 1 way or another which i dont believe is a safe call. People can get offended.
                  I gave up being offended a LOOOOOOONG time ago.
                  It wasn't worth it.

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
                  Uhm... does anyone else see the irony in this? You know, a *christian* wanting to determine something beyond any possible doubt before believing it...
                  Why is this ironic? What, you think **all** Christians are backwoods, inbred hicks who can't spell their own names?

Standing on the Bible doesn't mean giving up logic and reason. Unfortunately, most Christians just accept whatever their parents or pastors teach them without logically examining anything. Hence, many Christians believe things that AREN'T in the Bible.

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!! This thread is turning into a powderkeg of potential flamebait. Is it safe to assume we're all mature enough to NOT throw insults and profanity?

*scurries away to safety, dodging the many missiles of doom*

Comment

Originally posted by MartjeB View Post
                    Reverse engineer, yes . Or do you have the documentation?
                    DNA sentences can be a source. :> Don't you know there are always problems when comes to documentation? Otherwise noboby will understand it

Comment

Originally posted by Darkfire Fox View Post

Why is this ironic? What, you think **all** Christians are backwoods, inbred hicks who can't spell their own names?
                      Short version: No

Long version: To believe in something without *any* evidence to support it, to the point that some are willing to kill, mutilate and torture (war) is a bad thing for a given person, and for the world in general. Even if one doesn't participate or condone these actions, one still is a (however small) part of the movement legitimizing it. And what exactly makes christians, muslims, scientologists, mormons, or others so sure that exactly their version of the Truth(tm) is true (after all, a staggering portion of believers inherits their beliefs from their parents)?

Comment

Working...
                      X