Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KDE 4.3.0 Release Candidate Goes Wild

Default KDE 4.3.0 Release Candidate Goes Wild

Phoronix: KDE 4.3.0 Release Candidate Goes Wild

With KDE 4.3 being scheduled for release later this month, Sebastian Kügler on the behalf of the KDE developers around the world has announced the KDE 4.3.0 release candidate. KDE 4.3 RC1 further polishes and completes the K Desktop Environment 4 with the integration of many new Linux desktop technologies, new KWin effects, improvements across the board, and many bug fixes in KDE4 packages. The KDE 4.3 RC1 announcement with the extensive change-log is available from KDE.org...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzM1OQ

I'm runing KDE 4.3 since Beta 2 and it is awesome. For a glimpse of features to come to the desktop check out this video on YouTube. That's just the desktop itself. Many more cool new stuff is in the apps themselves.

KDE 4.3 RC1 includes the new plasma theme, Air.

"Goes Wild"?

Isn't that normally used in conjunction with Mardi Gras?

my new computer (first 64-bit multi-core, whoooo!) arrives later today. As soon as that thing's slapped together, I'm moving to KDE 4.3. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    "Goes Wild"? Isn't that normally used in conjunction with Mardi Gras?
    It's used in plenty of other contexts as well. "Life IS a carnival (believe it or not)"

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro-tull View Post
    my new computer (first 64-bit multi-core, whoooo!) arrives later today. As soon as that thing's slapped together, I'm moving to KDE 4.3. Can't wait!
    I feel the excitement! I got mine a couple months ago (a Phenom X3) and I absolutely love it, everything is so incredibly smooth.

I hope the plasma crashing bug is resolved.
    It made it really annoying and as good as impossible to work with KDE 4.3b2 (Kubuntu 9.04 backports), which otherwise would have been stable enough for me to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPaul145 View Post
    I hope the plasma crashing bug is resolved.
    It made it really annoying and as good as impossible to work with KDE 4.3b2 (Kubuntu 9.04 backports), which otherwise would have been stable enough for me to work with.
    You can always try Arch Linux. I had to switch to Kubuntu for some reasons, but KDE is messed up here when compared to Arch :/ Dolphin crashes when I want to see properties on root partition and there are problems with Amarok 2... However those problems are 4.2.4 related (Kubuntu edition...), but if you notice some problems with 4.3, try Arch.

Quote Originally Posted by kraftman View Post
    You can always try Arch Linux. I had to switch to Kubuntu for some reasons, but KDE is messed up here when compared to Arch :/ Dolphin crashes when I want to see properties on root partition and there are problems with Amarok 2... However those problems are 4.2.4 related (Kubuntu edition...), but if you notice some problems with 4.3, try Arch.
    Well, seeing as how KDE4.3b2 was a beta, I'm not judging quite yet. I'll leave my final judgment for the final, which will be released in about a month's time. I do know that I'd like the bug to be resolved in RC1, because other than that I had no problems and the experience was, in fact, far superior to what Gnome has to offer.

And I have used arch, about a year ago. While I can appreciate the technical KISS philosophy, I also like the I-don't-have-to-configure-that-much philosophy that Ubuntu is offering