Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspend/resume problems with RS780M/RS780MN [Radeon HD 3200 Graphics]

Hello there,

first of all I have to say that I'm pleasently surprised about the great progress that the OSS driver for my card did in the past few months: thank you!

I have an HP tx2500z (tablet with an RM-70 and the RS780) with debian sid installed. I did get the latest git of xf86-video-ati (last updates June 19). With kernel 2.6.29 everything works very well: I get power mode (a necessity on this machine) and suspend/resume works very well.

I did take 2.6.30 out for a spin, (to get EXA and XV) and all goes well but for suspend and resume. So may question is: is suspend/resume supported on kernel 2.6.30 for my graphic card?

thanks

2.6.30 won't suspend for my HP dv5z either (also RS780M, HD3450). Just hangs there with a blinking text cursor at the top left of the screen.

2.6.31-rc1 was even worse, it had a kernel fault while loading the ACPI Video driver.

Comment

It looks like the upcoming stable revision of the 2.6.30 kernel fixed all my suspend/resume problems.

cheers

Comment

Hum, I didn't know suspend was supported in the OS driver for HD3xxx cards. In my case (HD3850) the computer suspends, but when I try to bring it back the screen remains black and the computer seems to hang (no light under the mouse, no keyboard leds). I don't get any message in /var/log/messages, so I can't provide any debug information :/

(edit) I use 2.6.30 and radeon 6.12.2

Comment

Fran,

I did have the same problem with 2.6.30 but when I tried 2.6.30.1-rc1 suspend/resume started to work more or less reliably (once in a while the disk goes nuts, but it always happened).

cheers

Comment

Working...
          X