Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.31-rc1 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.31-rc1 Kernel Released

Quite a lot has made its way into the Linux 2.6.31 kernel, particularly Radeon kernel mode-setting and the new TTM GPU memory manager, but now the merge window for this release cycle is closing. Linus Torvalds last night released Linux 2.6.31-rc1 as the first test release of this new code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What's with all those ARM architectures? Strange world...

Comment

Another thing that people have been waiting for as well with this kernel is the merging of the x-fi alsa driver into the tree. (Which BTW is in there)

Comment

btrfs has dramatic performance improvements aswell. Not even Linus could handle them.

Comment

I am the most interested in perfcounters. They can even catch hardware delays
          Last edited by kraftman; 26 June 2009, 04:02 PM.

Comment

2.6.31-rc1 with kms enabled i915 driver panics here on my thinkpad x61s/gm965 with some errors in framebuffer driver. 2.6.30 works fine. Since it's late here no further investigation for today.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
              Hm, could you maybe explain what performance (I take perf means that) counters mean/do? I tried to find some documentation, to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by susikala View Post
                Hm, could you maybe explain what performance (I take perf means that) counters mean/do? I tried to find some documentation, to no avail.

Comment

Sorry, this can:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/6/18/460

@Susikala

I can not explain this better than Smitty

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post
                    2.6.31-rc1 with kms enabled i915 driver panics here on my thinkpad x61s/gm965 with some errors in framebuffer driver. 2.6.30 works fine. Since it's late here no further investigation for today.
                    Same for me. I was gonna file a bug yesterday, but there is one already (I guess I'll add a comment with confirmation today):

Comment

Working...
                    X